SHIBAOKA Michio Division of Coal Technology, CSIRO, 顧問
PERRY G.J. CCV研究所, 研究所長
LYNCH Leo J. Division of Coal Technology, CSIRO, 石炭部, 部長代理
SMITH Ian W. Division of Coal Technology, CSIRO, 石炭部, 副部長
KAWAMURA Kunio Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku Univ., 工学部, 助手 (50204772)
ALLARDICE David J. Coal Corporation of Victoria, 部長
FUTAMURA Shigeru Faculty of Engineering, Univ. of Tokyo, 工学部, 助手 (60165446)
HAGA Tetsuya Chemical Research Inst. of Non. Aqueous Solutions, Tohoku Univ., 非水容液化学研究所, 助手 (50134060)
JACKSON W. Roy Department of Chemistry, Monash Univ., 化学科, 教授
LARKINS Frank P. Department of Chemistry, Univ. of Tasmania, 化学科, 教授
FUJITSU Horoshi Inst. of Advanced Material Study, Kyushu Univ., 機能物質科学研究所, 助教授 (00038605)
ITO Osamu Chemical Research Inst. of Non. Aqueous Solutions, Tohoku Univ., 非水容液化学研究所, 助教授 (30006332)
OHTSUKA Yasuo Chemical Research Inst. of Non. Aqueous Solutions, Tohoku Univ., 非水容液化学研究所, 助教授 (20091663)
YOKOYAMA Susumu Faculty of Engineering, Hokkaido Univ., 工学部, 助教授 (30001291)
OKUWAKI Akitsugu Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku Univ., 工学部, 教授 (70005320)
MOCHIDA Isao Inst. of Advanced Material Study, Kyushu Univ., 機能物質科学研究所, 教授 (20037758)
SANADA Yuzo Faculty of Engineering, Hokkaido Univ., 工学部, 教授 (50109485)
KAMIYA Yoshio Faculty of Engineering, Science Univ. of Tokyo, 工学部, 教授 (40010764)
TAMAI Yasukatsu Faculty of Engineering, Science Univ. of Tokyo, 工学部, 教授 (80006288)
MATSUDA Minoru Chemical Research Inst. of Non. Aqueous Solutions, Tohoku Univ., 非水容液化学研究所, 教授 (90006297)
AGNEW J.B. Adelaide大学, 化学工学科, 教授
AGNEW John B. Department of Chemical Engineering, niv. of Adelaide
PERRY Geoffrey J. Research Facility, Coal Corporation of Victoria
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,500,000)
The present joint research which aims at the development of highly efficient conversion processes for Victorian Brown coal has started in 1988 and, in that year, five researchers were sent to Australian institutions to do experimental works. The results obtained were further developed at the related Universities in Japan in 1989 and 1990. In addition, two researchers were sent to Australia by the present program. For consultation, six Australian scientists were invited to Japan in 1989 and four Japanese members visited Australia in 1990. In each time, the program was discussed and views on coal research were exchanged. Valuable results were obtained as follows.
(1) The upgrading of liquefied oils was studied and high surface area ceramics were shown to be appropriate for the support of CoMo catalyst.
(2) An analysis of liquefaction of coals using model substances indicated that origin of long-chain alkanes and alkenes was aromatic esters.
(3) Catalysts in flash pyrolysis were found to promote the decomposition of oxygen-containing functional groups on coal surfaces as well as secondary reactions in gas phase.
(4) Changes in surface state of brown coal during heating were investigated and the role of these on the catalytic gasification of char was elucidated.
(5) A new process for producing a high performance active carbons from brown coal for removing SOx and NOx was developed.
(6) Proton Magnetic Resonance Thermal Analysis was used to see the changes in coal structure during heating and new mobile phases were detected. Also the reaction processes between brown coal and added materials were clarified.
(7) Products from oxidation of brown coal in alkaline medium with oxygen was separated effectively using high performance liquid chromatography.
The program gave prospect of new conversion processes and greatly contributed to the mutual understanding between the two parties.