An Analysis of Environmental Factors Affecting Children's Invention for the Sake of Creativity Education
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tokyo Institute of Technology |
SAKAMOTO Takashi Tokyo Institute of Technology Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Professor, 大学院・総合理工学研究科, 教授 (00016338)
SUZUKI Hiroaki Tokyo Institute of Technology Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Resear, 大学院・総合理工学研究科, 助手 (50192620)
ICHIKAWA Shin'ichi Tokyo Institute of Technology Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (70134335)
MAKINO Nobuo Japan Women's University Faculty of Humanities, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (00007973)
MUTA Hiromitsu Tokyo Institute of Technology Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (70090925)
SHIGEMASU Kazuo Tokyo Institute of Technology Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (90091701)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
|Keywords||Creativity / Invention / Family Environment / Intuition / Logical Ability / Self-Control / Media / メディア / 環境分析 / 教育工学 / 追跡調査 / インタビュ-|
Then purpose of this study was to analyze the characteristics of children who got the awards at the invention contest, to identify those children's invention abilities, and to identify the characteristics of those children's family situations. In order to investigate these characteristics, the researchers also used normal children as study subjects.
The followings are main results :
1. The parents of the children who got the award emphasized "interaction with science media," and gave "assistance for their children to make a product." On the other hand, the parents of normal children had more "intervention toward children's study."
2. According to the instructors at "Invention Club," the differences between children who were good at inventing some products and children who were not good at these activities were their "imagination," "spirit of inquiry," "qualities of leadership," and "abilities of expression."
These facts were proved using discrimination analysis.
3. The data of the awarded children and the normal chidren were analyzed using multivariate analysis. The awarded children characteristically had "intuition," "logical thinking," "pursuit ability," "application ability," and "autonomy." Moreover, according to the results of regression analysis, high interaction with science media helped children to have scientific thinking and to gain ideas.
The followings are conclusions :
(1) Children who are good at inventing products have more "intuition," "logical thinking," "pursuit ability" and "autonomy" than do children who are not good at inventing products.
These abilities can be criteria to measure children's "invention abilities."
(2) The "invention abilities" are positively affected by "interaction with science media" and "parental assistance for making products," and these abilities are negatively affected by "intervention toward children's study by parents."
Research Products (13results)