Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||TOHOKU UNIVERSITY |
NAGATOMO Muneshige Tohoku University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (80189141)
KOUNO Shyuniti Turuoka National Collage of Technology, Professor, 教授 (60005353)
YOSHINO Hiroshi Tohoku University, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (30092373)
KANNO Minoru Tohoku University, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (10005366)
TAKASAKA Toshinori Tohoku University, Faculty of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (80004646)
SONE Toshio Tohoku University, Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Professor, 電気通信研究所, 教授 (50005245)
筧 和夫 東北大学, 工学部, 教授 (40005210)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1991
Completed (Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,600,000)
|Keywords||aged people / hearing impaired / speech and hearing intelligilibity / articulation test / architectual space / noise conditions / reverbratory field / confusion / 高齢化社会 / 残音場 / 残響場 / 違(異)聴|
1. Collecting and arranging materials : We've collected and arranged domestic and foreign materials concerning general hearing, aged and hearing impaired, articulation and masking effect.
2. We've investigated and made clear the followings in Sendai City and cities appointed by government ordinance in all parts of Japan.
(1) Population organization by age of aged people with healthy, unhealthy, needing care and handicapped hearing.
(2) Activity modes of aged people in the town
3. We've investigated hearing abilities about 50 aged people who are living healthy lives.
4. From the viewpoint of disturbance of hearing intelligibility, we've investigated noise conditions in public facilities such as the department-store, the underground market or the railway station where many and unspecified persons including aged people are in the space.
5. Comparing the responses between aged people with hearing impaired variously and young people (students) with normal hearing by articulation tests on speech a
nd hearing intelligilibity. Articulation scores and confusion tendency.
(1) Mono-syllable and tri-syllable articulation tests under several noise conditions (1/1 octave band noise, white and pink noise, noise weighted to several frequency characteristics and actual noise)
(2) We carried out the articulation tests under the sound fields which had time distortion (reverbratory field), actual sound field of long reverbration time and several reverbratory fields in an anechoic room.
6. We've studied about the effectiveness of hearing aid under several noise conditions.
We consider the followings from our study concerning aged people with hearing impaired.
*The effects on their reception are different from the effects on young people with normal hearing, moreover noticeably, under several noise conditions and reverbratory fields.
*The disturbance by middle frequency band noise which they receive is more than young people with normal hearing.
*Not only their articulation scores are low, but also their confusion tendency and substance of lowering are different from young peoples' with normal hearing on speech and hearing intelligibility.
*There are some problems for articulation testing method (mono-syllable and tri-syllable articulation test) under the sound fields of long reverbration time. Less