FUKUHARA Noboru Tokai University, School of Medicine, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (70218949)
TAMAI Yoshifumi Tokai University, School of Medicine, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (90207225)
OHIZUMI Yukio Tokai University, School of Medicine, Lecturer (30024813)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
1. Effects of anti-cancer, drugs injected intratumorally (i. t.) : Anti-cancer drugs injected i. t. had higher effect on growth inhibition and lower complication than the drugs injected i. p. Also, the drugs injected i. t. inhibited lung metastages as well as i. p.
2. Relationship between tumor blood flow, intratumoral concentration of radiosensitizer and radiosensitizing effect : Measurement of the drug concentration showed poor distribution and rapid disappearance of drugs injected i. t. . The drug disappearance rate was related inversely to tumor blood flow. Subcutaneous tumors, which had poorer blood flow than intramuscle tumors, were sensitized remarkably by i. t. injection of radiosensitizer. Drug distribution in the tumor was different between i. t. and i. p. injection and large effect was obtained by the-two rutes of administration.
3. Heat-sensitizing effect by intratumoral drugs : DWA2114R, PEP, BLM, and MMC enhanced hyperthermic effect among anti-cancer drugs. Little enhancement was observed in other drugs, except for epinephrine which sensitized remarkably hyperthermic effect depending on the concentration of drug and temperature. It was considered to be due to iillerceller environment, perhapse low PH, induced by epinephrine.
4. Epinephrine and anti-cancer drugs injected i. t. . : Epinephrine also sensitized the effect of DWA2114R, PEP and MMC, but protected the effect of SMANCS and radiation. This is considered to be due to the drug concentration and interceller enbironment modified by epinephrine.
5. Combining effect of hyperthermia and intratumoral epinephrine and anti-cancer drugs : These combination had remarkable effect. This method seemed to be useful in clinical, because high effect was obtained by low dose of drug and mild temperature.