Development softwares for Intelligent School and Training of Teacher
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba |
NAKAYAMA Kazuhiko University of Tsukuba Professor of Information Science and Electronics, 電子・情報工学系, 教授 (50091913)
KIMURA Suteo Naruto Education University Professor, 学校教育学部, 教授 (90000059)
HIGASHIBARA Yoshinori University of Tsukuba Assistant of Information Science and Electronics, 電子・情報工学系, 助手 (90143172)
YAMAMOTO Nobuhito University of Tsukuba Assistant of Information Science and Electronics, 電子・情報工学系, 助手 (30111090)
EBIHARA Yoshihiko University of Tsukuba Assistant Professor, 電子・情報工学系, 助教授 (00101155)
余田 義彦 東京家政学院筑波短期大学, 情報処理科, 助教授 (20191653)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1991
Completed (Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥22,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥22,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥9,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,000,000)
|Keywords||Research and Development / Intelligent Schools / In School Network / E-mail / Common Dkriver / In-service Training / Teachers' Behavior|
For the realization of Intelligent Schools, research and development studies were conducted and in-service training s for teachers were done.
From these studies, the requirements for children's use of electronic mail were made clear.
(1) Graphics and not only text were found essential for children.
(2) Instead of children writing and drawing everything by themselves, it was found that it was necessary for children to use electronical mail parts.
(3) The network used for electric mail was also used for CAI. This was the reason why GAI and electric mail system must have the same file formats.
A CAI and an electric mail system which have the same file format has been developed, fieldtested, modified and are now currently being used.
There are many different kinds of computers made by different companies but have no software compatibility. A common driver that can be used by all different computers made in Japan has been developed. Using this common driver, teaching materials are being developed. With these, the development of computer education in japan is, perhaps, guaranteed.
From the teacher-training seminars that were conducted, the following results were obtained :
(1) Teachers were not willing to introduce this new teaching method (Intelligent schools). This tendency was found higher among secondary school teachers than elementary school teachers. Secondary school teachers focus attention only on the subjects they teach.
(2) If any progress in the idea and propagation of intelligent schools is to be accomplished, then the attitudes and motivations of teachers must be changed.
(3) What remains to be done is to connect the network system inside the school with the existing network outside school.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (16 results)