SONODA Tokuyuki Kagoshima Prefectural Institute of Industrial Technology. Chief., 窯業部, 部長
OKABAYASHI Takumi Kagoshima National College of Technology. Asso, Prof, 土木工学科, 助教授 (40044630)
MOCHIHARA Minoru Kagoshima National College of Technology. Prof., 機械工学科, 教授 (30044613)
HIRATA Tokio Kagoshima National College of Technology. Prof., 土木工学科, 教授 (40038112)
SAITO Riichro Kagoshima National College of Technology. Prof., 土木工学科, 教授 (00037821)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,100,000)
This research is to aim at utilizing effectively the volcanic ashes, of which the disposal as useless waste is in trouble, for the aspect of materials, and the summary of the results of this research is as follows.
(1) The fluorine ion, chloride ions, sulfate ions and other anions in volcanic ashes, which are soluble in water, were separated and removed by flotation. the rate of removal was 89% in F^- 87% in Cl^- and 60% in SO_4^<2->.
(2) The potential difference of the reinforcing bars in concrete was measured, and the cor^- relation between the state of corrosion and the potential difference was looked up. As the result, with the change of corrosion in the course of time, the variation of potential wa observed.
(3) As compared with sea sand, volcanic ashes have large specific gravity and good wear restance property. Accordingly, in the case of using them as the fine aggregate for concrete, the utilization for the structures requiring high strength concrete and wear characteristics is sufficiently feasible.
(4) As to the utilization of volcanic ashes for ceramic bodies, by mixing 60-70% volcanic as and 30-40% clay, the firing was able to be carried out at the temperature 160^ﾟC lower than the fing temperature for conventional black Satsuma ceramics, and energy abbreviation was promoted. Moreover, in the utilization for ceramic glaze, the volcanic ash powder of the particle size passing through 325 meshes was used alone, and the good glaze was obtained.
(5) By making the test pieces of 50mmX50mmX5mm with the mixing proportion of 80% volcanic ashes and 20% clay and firing them at 1160^ﾟC for 1-2 hours, ceramic tiles were able to be made trial. It was found that these were in conformity with the testing method of JIS, and can be pin practical use.