Comparative study of cytogenetic and molecular findings in lymphoid malignacies among Japan, USA, China and India
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Section||Special Cancer Research|
|Research Institution||Research Institute for Nuclear Medicine and Biology, Hiroshima University |
KAMADA Nanao Research Institute for Nuclear Medicine & Biology, Hiroshima University, 原爆放射能医学研究所, 教授 (00034629)
李 建波 中国医学科学院, 血液学研究所, 研究員
V Shanta Madras Cancer Institure (マドラス癌研究所), 所長
M Bhargava All India Institure of Medical Science, H, 教授
UEDA Ryuzo Aichi Cancer Center, 研究所, 部長 (20142169)
KIKUCHI Masahiro School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, 医学部, 教授 (80078774)
BHARGAVA M. All India Institute of Medical Science
SHANTA V. Madras Cancer Institule
LI K. Inst. Hematology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
SHANTA V. Cancer Institute, Madras(マドラス癌研究所), 所長
BHARGAVA M. All India Institute of Medical Science H, 教授
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1992
Completed (Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥13,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992: ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,500,000)
|Keywords||Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma / Chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Chromosome analysis / Molecular genetic analysis / PCR / India / 悪性リンパ腫 / DNA抽出法|
The incidence of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma(NHL) in Japan is one-half of that in the USA. The present study was under taken to understand the incidence of follicular lymphoma and chronic lymphocyte leukemia in Japan and India in comparison to the data from the western countries, and also to investigate among these countries in cytogenetic and molecular genetic findings.
Comparative study of follicular lymphoma
1. The percentage of follicular lymphoma among the malignant lymphoma seemed to be about 10 in India and Japan, which is very low, comparing to that of USA.
2. Six out of 115(40%) Japanese cases with follicular lymphoma showed 14 ; 18 translocation, none of four Indian cases. The percentage of follicular lymphoma cases with the translocation was also very low, comparing to that of USA (85%).
3. BCL-2 rearrangement was observed in 5 of 11 (45%) Japanese cases with follicular lymphoma by Southern blot tiny method and 11.1% in Japanese cases and 9.7% in Indian cases by PCR method from the D
NA of paraffin block. Again, these incidence in both countries were very low, comparing to that of USA.
Comparative study of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
1. Cytogenetic abnormalities were found in 23 of 48 (47.9%) Japanese CLL cases. Trisomy 12 was found in only 17.4 of the cases analyze. These low incidences were completely different from that of USA. Ten Indian and 5 Chinese cases were under examination for chromosome analysis.
2. The rearrangement of BCL-1, BCL-2 and BCL-3 were investigated in 55 Japanese CLL cases, of which one case each with BCL-1 and BCL-3 rearrangement and 2 with BCL-2 rearrangements were observed. The two cases with BCL-2 rearrangement had t(2 ; 18)(p12 ; q21) and t(18 ; 22)(q21 ;11), respectively. The former showed rearrangement between IgLK chain and BCL-2 gene in manner of gead to tail joining, the latter showed IgLlambda chain and BCL-2 gene in a manner of head to head joining. Sixteen cases from India and 5 from China are under investigation for molecular genetic analysis. Less
Report (3 results)
Research Products (32 results)