LUISA L.Apor ダバオ医科大学, 助教授
BENEDICTO P. サントトマス大学, 医学部, 教授
WARLITO C.Vi ダバオ医科大学, 助教授
TITO P.Torra サントトマス大学, 医学部, 教授
VIRGINIA F.D サントトマス大学, 理学部, 教授
CARMEN G.Kan サントトマス大学, 理学部, 教授
SEKI Kunihiro Kanagawa University, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biological Science, Hira, 理学部, 助教授
NOMOTO Kyosuke Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, Mishima-gun, Osaka, Japan., 主任研究員 (60142080)
MANO Tadaaki Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan., 環境医学研究所, 教授 (30023659)
MORI Akitane Department of Neurochemistry, Institute for Neurobiology, Okayama University Med, 医学部, 教授 (20028434)
DEURA Shigeyuki Department of Anatomy, Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Toyoake, Ja, 医学部, 教授 (40021448)
ISONO Hideo Department of Anatomy, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan., 医学部, 教授 (50021358)
YAMAMOTO Noriko Department of Physiology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan., 医学部, 助教授 (70021409)
TORRALBA Tito P. Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of
DAYAO Virginia F. Department of Biological Sciences, College of Science, University of Santo Tomas
KANAPI Carmen G. Department of Biological Sciences, College of Science, University of Santo Tomas
VICENTE Warlito C. Department of Surgery, Davao Medical School Foundation, Davao, Philippines.
APORTADERA Luisa L. Department of Internal Medicine, Davao Medical School Foundation, Davao, Philipp
RIVERA Benedicto P. Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of
TITO P Torra サントトマス大学, 医学部, 教授
VIRGINIA F D サントトマス大学, 理学部, 教授
CARMEN G Kan サントトマス大学, 理学部, 理学部長
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,000,000)
Supported partly by the Monbusho Grant, achatin-I (Gly-D-Phe-L-Ala-L-Asp)having a D-phenylalanine residue. which excited neurones of an African giant snail (Achatina fulica Ferussac). was isolated from Achatina ganglia. Its pharmacological characteristics were studied in detail. Although another peptide was isolated. its structure is not yet determined. The results obtained are described below.
1. The amino acid sequence of achatin-I was recognized easily as Gly-PheAla-Asp, but synthetic Gly-L-Phe-L-Ala-L-Asp had no effect. Synthetic Gly-DPhe-L-Ala-L-Asp showed marked excitatory effects on the Achatina neurones, and its instrumental analyses were completely identical to those of the native achatin-I.
2. ED_<50> for the achatin-I excitation of an Achatina neurone, PON. was 2.0 x 10_<-6> M (95 % confidence limit = 1.4 - 2.6 x 10_<-6> M). With this, this peptide could be proposed as an excitatory neurotransmitter of the neurone.
3. Among eight stereoisomers of the peptide, only achatin
-I showed marked effects, indicating the stereospecificity of the effects.
4. Among more than twenty synthetic derivatives of achatin-I. cinly achatin-I showed the marked effects. The amino group in N-terminal of achatin-I and the two carboxylic groups in C-terminal were indispensable to show the effects. The distances between the three groups in the molecule were also essential.
5. None of the blockers to the conventional neurotransmitters showed modulatory effects on the achatin-I excitation of the Achatina neurones.
6. Another neuroactive (neuroinhibitory) peptide, found in the Achatina ganglia, was probably APGWamide, but further experiments are needed to decide it. The ganglia of a fresh-water snail (Pila luzonica) collected in Davao were too small for our purpose.
(1990 and 1991)
7. Takeuchi visited University of Santo Tomas (UST) (Manila) and Davao Medical School Foundation. Yamamoto, Deura, Mori, Mano and Seki visited UST. They discussed the collaboration and gave their lectures. Kanapi, Dayao. Torrala and Rivera visited Gifu University, Fujita Health University (Toyoake) and Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research (Osaka). Some gave their lectures there. Less