Fundamental Research on the Change of Life and Culture in China -A Field Work Setting Traditional Festivals as the Indices-
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Rikkyo University |
MATSUDAIRA Makoto Professor, Department of Social Relations, Rikkyo University, 社会学部, 教授 (50062526)
覃 彩蛮 広西壮族自治区民族研究所, 助理研究員
白 耀天 広西壮族自治区民族研究所, 副所長
覃 聖敏 広西壮族自治区民族研究所, 副所長
OHASHI Kenichi Lecturer, Fukushima Women's Junior College, 講師
TANAKA Shigeyoshi Assistant Professor. Department of Civic Sciences. Hirosaki University, 人文学部, 助教授 (50155131)
韓 肇明 広西壮族自治区民族研究所, 副所長
QIN Shengmin Vice President of the National Research Institute of Guangxi
BAI Yaotian Vice President of the National Research Institute of Guangxi
QIN Cai Luan Assistant Research Fellow of the National Research Institute of Guangxi
HAN Zhao Ming Vice President of the National Research Institute of Guangxi
|Project Period (FY)
Completed (Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
|Keywords||Traditional Culture / Modernization / Changes of Culture / Minority Race / Zhuang of Guangxi / Festival-Festival of Flag / Singing by Turns / Life Culture in Asia|
The main results of this research project are to clarify the real processes of modernization in Asia, especially in the traditional societies of the minority race (Zhuang race in Guangxi province in China), and to know its special characters from the viewpoint of comparative cultural studies.
And so, we may understand more deeply the true nature of the social crisis by which Asian peoples are confronted now, and then, we may have for helping them to survive safely in future.
The detail points of the research results are the following :
1. We are believing to have found out the real situations of lives of Zhuang race in Guangxi province.
2. We are believing to have found out the true nature of changes of the Zhuang societies fairly well. Its key-words are "Inter-Changing", "Productivity", "Distribution" etc.
3. We are believing to have found out the true nature of changes of the Zhuang culture. The indications we have used to know it were their traditional festival events and their activities on the New Year Festival (Festival of flog) days.
4. We are believing to have gained much folkloristic information of the Zhuang festivals, especially on "Singing by Turns" events.
5. And then, we have invented some new field-survey methods through this project.
We are very regret not to be able continue such a very useful research activity any more.
Report (1 results)
Research Products (4 results)