Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||The Institute of Statistical Mathematics |
BABA Yasumasa The Institute of Statistical Mathematics Associate Professor, 調査実験解析研究系, 助教授 (90000215)
YAMAMOTO Shinichi University of Tsukuba, Research Center for University Studies Associate Professo, 大学研究センター, 助教授 (10220469)
MUTA Hiromitsu Tokyo Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering Professor, 工学部, 教授 (70090925)
SAWADA Yoshiro Aichi University of Education, Faculty of Education Associate Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (30206023)
KOBAYASHI Shinich Bunkyo University, Faculty of International Studies Lecturer, 国際学部, 専任講師 (90186742)
KANEKO Motohisa Hiroshima University, Research Institute for Higher Education Associate Professo, 大学教育センター, 助教授 (10185936)
久保 幸夫 慶応義塾大学, 環境情報学部, 助教授 (40107694)
伊藤 達也 厚生省人口問題研究所, 人口情報部, 部長
浅木 森利昭 (浅木森 利昭) 国立教育研究所, 教育情報,資料センター, センター長 (60150025)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1992
Completed (Fiscal Year 1992)
|Keywords||statistics on education / index on education / education policy / geographical information / data-base of statistics on education / 教育情報デ-タベ-ス|
The report of our research consists of two parts:
I. Analysis of the present conditions of statistical data on education, construction of an information retrieval system, and proposal of a management system of statistical data on education; II. Summary of individual researches.
1) Concepts and definitions of statistics on education. We analyzed some current problems(Ch.2), systematized concepts such as "statistics", "index", "information", etc. and considered the appropriateness of the present structure of information on education.
2) Information retrieval system of statistics on education. We made a directory of literature on statistics and surveys on education, and provided it to the researchers and the officers of the Ministry of Education, Scienec and Culture, who participated in this research project.
3) Management system for statistics on education. We made a design for the management system of governmental statistics on education.
4) Geographical statistics on education. We analyzed the factors of geographical movement of high school graduates for the entrance to universities and colleges. By tracing the time-series of the movement, we found that there has been no significant change on the movement.
5) Survey of management and usage of statistics on education. We presented some problems concerning the management of statistics on education, especially at the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture(Ch.3), and clarified how those statistical data have been used for policy making(Ch.4).