Study on novel composite resin with a low shrinking force during hardening
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nihon University |
NEMOTO Kimiya Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo Associate professor, 松戸歯学部, 助教授 (00050039)
|Project Period (FY)
1990 – 1991
Completed (Fiscal Year 1991)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
|Keywords||Restorative resin / Crossrinking polymer / Composite resin / Organic filler / Micro capsule / Shrinking stress / Filler content / 化学重合 / 光重合 / フィラ- / ストレンゲ-ジ / 曲げ強さ / 有限要素法|
1. Novel method was designed to obtain the micro cross-linked polymer particle using solution polymerization of cross-linking monomer in ethanol, and it's polymerization mechanism was clarified.
2. The cross-linked polymer particle whose diameter is 0.5mum, was mixed with the micro globule silica particle (MF). The resin of a heat-cured type was prepared using the mixed filler. After hardening, it's abrasion loss was measured.
3. The micro capsule particle (MCPF) of the cross-linked polymer containing the MF was designed using the method as mentioned above. The composite resin of a self-cured type was prepared using MCPF and MF as filler, and the mechanical properties of it's hardening was measured.
4. Four kinds of composite resins of a self-cured type was prepared using MCPF, an irregular silica or a globule silica as filler. The shrinking force of the composite resin during hardening was measured with the apparatus which was prepared last year to measure the shrinking force of a resin during hardening.
5. The effect of the shape, the size and the content of silica filler in composite resin on the shrinking force was investigated.
5-1 The shrinking force of the composite resin based on an irregular silica is larger than that based on a globule silica.
5-2 The content of a globule silica particle is higher than an irregular silica particle as filler. However, the shrinking force increases with increasing the silica content.
5-3 As the size of silica is larger, the shrinking force become smaller.
5-4 As the setting time of resin become later, the shrinking force become smaller.
5-5 The parameter to control the shrinking force of composite resin during hardening is discussed using the datas as mentioned above.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (10 results)