Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Hokkaido University |
ISHIKAWA Hiromasa Hokkaido University, Fac. of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (80001212)
石川 博将 (1992) 北海道大学, 工学部, 教授
WENG George J. Dept. of Mechanics and Material Science, Rutgers-The State University, Professor, 力学材料科学科, 教授
KREMPL Erhard Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering & Mechanics, Rensselar, 航空機械工学部, 教授
STEIGMANN Da アルバータ大学, 機械工学科, 助教授
ELLYIN Fernand University of Alberta, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Professor, 機械工学科, 教授
SASAKI Katsuhiko Hokkaido University, Fac. of Engineering, Assistant Professor, 工学部, 講師 (90215715)
TADANO Shigeru Hokkaido University, Fac. of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (50175444)
MURAKAMI Sumio Nagoyo University, Fac. of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (10023053)
NOGUCH Touru Hokkaido University, Fac. of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (80001220)
STEIGMANN David F. University of Alberta, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Professor
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1992
Completed (Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1992: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
|Keywords||Advanced Composite Materials / Macroscopic Visco-elasto-plasticity / Macroscopic Cyclic Deformation / Fracture Criterion / Fatigue Property / Microscopic Mechanics / Macroscopic Mechanics|
1. The method and schedule of this research program were discussed in detail with Prof. Ellyin and Prof. Krempl at Hokkaido University on August, 1991. The detailed plan for the research was made.
2. The studies of the investigators of this research program, such as cyclic plasticity, viscoplasticity, elastoplasticity, damage mechanics and fracture mechanics, were assembled. then, those applicability to research on mechanism of advanced composite materials was discussed.
3. The investigators of this research program attended the annual meeting '91 of ASME(America Society of Mechanical Engineering) which had a lot of presentation of advanced composite materials. Many instructive discussions were maad with researchers in the world. Then, problems of the research on composite materials were made clear.
4. The experiments were carried out to investigate viscoelast-plasticity, cyclic plasticity, fatigue and fatigue damage of composite materials. The applicability of material mechanics to those behavior of composite materials was examined from the macroscopic point of view.
5. The possibility to clear the interaction between matrix materials and reinforced materials was found using elastoplasticity or viscoplasticity. It was also clear that fracture mechanics and damage mechanics were able to. apply to investigate the interaction between matrix materials and reinforced materials.
6. It was clear that fatigue failure of microstructures was similar to that of macrostructure. Then, The fatigue failure law for macrostructure might be used to explain fatigue failure of microstructures.
7. The possibility to explain the microscopic deformation of composite materials was found using elastoplasticity, viscoplasticity, fracture mechanics and damage mechanics.
8. The results obtained from this research were reported at the annual meeting '92 of JSME/MMD(Japan Society of Mechanical Engineering/Material and Mechanics Division) held in September 1992.