Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Hiroshima University |
SUMI Yoshio Hirosima University, Faculty of Science Professor, 理学部, 教授 (20029490)
永宮 正治 コロンビア大学, ネヴィス研究所, 教授
HANS Boggild コペンハーゲン大学, ニールス・ボーア研究所, 教授
WILLIAM J.Wi ヨーロッパ合同原子核研究所, 主任研究員
IWATA Yosei Hiroshima University, Faculty of Science Research Associate, 理学部, 助手 (20168579)
SAKAGUCHI Atsushi Hiroshima University, Faculty of Science Research Associate, 理学部, 助手 (70205730)
SUGITATE Toru Hiroshima University, Faculty of Science Research Associate, 理学部, 助手 (80144806)
MIYAMURA Osamu Hiroshima University, Faculty of Science Associate Professor, 理学部, 助教授 (80029511)
YONEZAWA Minoru Hiroshima University, Faculty of Science Professor, 理学部, 教授 (70033800)
NAGAMIYA S. Nevis Laboratory, Columbia University Professor
BOGGILD H. Niels Bohr Institute Professor
WILLIS W.J. Department of Physics, Columbia University Professor
BOGGILD H. コペンハーゲン大学, ニールス・ボーア研究所, 教授
WILLIS W.J. ヨーロッパ合同原子核研究所, 主任研究員
前原 俊信 広島大学, 教育学部, 講師 (50190319)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1992
Completed (Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥11,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992: ¥5,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991: ¥5,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,500,000)
|Keywords||High-energy heavy-ion collisions / Ouark-gluon plasma / Two-particle interferometry / Focussing spectrometer / CERN-SPS accelerator / 高エネルギ-重イオン衝突 / ハンブリ-・ブラウン・ツィス効果 / クォ-ク・グル-オン・プラズマ / 運動量収束型スペクトロメ-タ|
1. Using the momentum focussing spectrometer which we have constructed at the CERN-SPS, we have accumulated a large amount of raw deta on 450-GeV proton-nucleus and 200-GeV/nucleon sulphur-nucleus collisions.
2. We have developed a new type of gas Cherenkov detector as a beam counter for the sulphur-beam experiment. The counter worked successfully, achieving a time resolution of 36 ps even at practical beam intensity 2x10^6 ions/s.
3. The NA44 Collaboration which includes our group and the results obtained by these institutions were checked carefully.
4. The results of pion interferometry in sulphur-lead collisions are to be published in near future as a paper in Nucl. Phys. B.
5. Our preliminary results on kaon interferometry show that the source size of Kaons is smaller than that of pions by about a factor 1/2 for sulphur-lead collisions.
6. No significant difference is found between the source sizes of K^+ and K^-.
7. Any of singles spectra for pions, kaons, protons and anti-protons can be fitted by a single exponential function of the transverse mass of these hadrons and the temperature parameter of hadron source is deduced for these hadrons separately.
8. A simulation code for lead-nucleus collisions has been developed.
9. As one of central detectors of future lead-nucleus collisions, we are developing a gas Cherenkov counter for particle idenrification.