Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Section||Special Cancer Research|
|Research Institution||Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute |
TOMINAGA Suketami Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 研究所, 所長 (30124530)
SASAKI Ryuichiro Aichi Medical University, Department of Public Health, 公衆衛生学教室, 教授 (80131241)
SHIMIZU Hiroyuki Gifu University, School of Medicine, Department of Public Health, 医学部・公衆衛生学教室, 教授 (90073139)
YOSHIMURA Takesumi Institute of Industrial Ecological Science University of Occupational and Enviro, 生態科学研究所, 所長 (20037435)
OHNO Yoshiyuki Nagoya University, School of Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine, 医学部・予防医学教室, 教授 (10160590)
YAMAGUCHI Nobuo Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 医科学研究所・癌ウイルス研究部, 教授 (90012723)
FUJIKI Hirota Saitama Cancer Center, Research Institute, 研究所, 副所長 (60124426)
TOYOSIMA Kumao Center for Adult Diseases, Osaka, 総長 (90029760)
TAKAYAMA Shozo Showa University, School of Medicine, 医学部, 客員教授 (00085630)
KUROKI Toshio Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 医科学研究所・癌細胞研究部, 教授 (90006073)
KITAGAWA Tomoyuki The Cancer Institute, 癌研究所, 所長 (50085619)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1993
Completed (Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥10,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993: ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992: ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,000,000)
|Keywords||Cancer / Epidemiology / Etiology / China / Guatemala / Costa Rica / Columbia / 疫学|
This study group has been functioning as a steering committee of the Special Cancer Research. The major activities of this group were as follows :
1) To conduct pilot studies on cancer research in both developed and developing countries and to evaluate the feasibility and prospects of future studies on cancer. In fiscal year 1992-93, three pilot studies have been conducted in China, Guatemala, Costa Rica and Columbia on cancers of the lung, liver and stomach. Two of the three pilot studies were regarded as feasible and fruitful.
2) To select and propose priority studies on cancer considering the results of the pilot studies. Ten priority studies were selected and proposed in fiscal year 1992-93.
3) To hold meetings of chief investigators to report major results of the studies and to discuss problems in conducting international collaborative studies on cancer. The meeting was held once each year at the end of the fiscal year.
4) To hold symposia to report major results of selected studies. The symposium was held once each year in conjunction with the meeting of chief researchers.
5) To distribute information on special cancer research through news letters to all related investigators. The news letter was published three times a year.