Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Shinshu University School of Medicine |
IIDA Futoshi School of Medicine, Shinshu University, 医学部, 教授 (00020850)
平 育敏 中国河北医学院, 第4病院, 教授
杜 喜群 中国河北医学院, 第4病院, 教授
馬 志学 中国河北医学院, 第4病院, 教授
呉 沈春 中国河北医学院, 教授
ADACHI Wataru School of Medicine, Shinshu University, 医学部, 講師 (20201288)
NASU Tamie School of Medicine, Shinshu University, 医学部, 講師 (10020794)
WU Shen-chun Fourth Affiliated Hospital Hebei Medical College
MA Zhi-xue Fourth Affiliated Hospital Hebei Medical College
PING Yu-min Fourth Affiliated Hospital Hebei Medical College
DU Xi-qun Fourth Affiliated Hospital Hebei Medical College
村山 忍三 信州大学, 医学部, 教授 (90020718)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,900,000)
|Keywords||Nutrition / Potatoes / Fruit / CytochromeP450 / Esophageal cancer / Metabolic enzyme of chemical carcinogen / Gene polymorphism / Tumor suppressor gene / 手術後生存率 / 発癌物質 / シトクロムP450 / リンパ節転移 / 栄養素 / グルタチオンS-トランスフェラーゼ / P53 / Loss of heterozygosity / 微量元素 / ニトロソ化合物 / Cytochrome P 450 / 手術成績|
1. Epidimiologic study : A questionnaire survey on life, dietary style, and nutritional status was conducted in China. In males, the intakes of potatoes, fruit and/or vegitables were lower in populations living in the high-incidence area as well as the patients than the other populations. Similarly, the intake of potatoes in females was lower in the both groups, but the lowered intakes of fruit and vegetables were seen only in populations living in the high-incidence area. These findings resulted in the lowered intake of carotene, vitamin A and C,which may be important risk factors in the development of esophageal cancer in China.
2. Studies on metabolic enzymes of chemical carcinogen :
1) Expression of cytochrome P450 (CYP) and glutathione S-transferase (GST) isoforms in esophagus samples was investigated. From all esophagus specimens, CYP and GST were expressed. These data suggest that chemical carcinogen may be activated or inactivated directly in human esophagus.
2) Genotypes of GST1
gene and CYP1A1 gene in esophageal cancer patients were determined by using PCR.The frequencies of GST1 (-) and genotype Val/Val of CYP1A1 were higher in the esophageal cancer patients than in healthy controls, particularly in smoking patients with esophageal cancer. These data suggest that the absence of GST1, expression of CYP1A1 Val/Val type, and smoking may be a risk factor for occurrence of esophageal cancer.
3. Allelotype study : Loss of heterozygosity (LOH) of all autosomal chromosomes in 93 squamous cell carcinomas of the esophagus was examined using 41 RFLP markers. Frequent allelic losses more than 30% were observed at loci on chromosomes 3p (35%), 3q (30%), 5q (36%), 9p (57%), 9q (60%), 10p (33%), 13q (43%), 17p (62%), 17q (46%), 18q (38%), 19q (32%), and 21q (37%).
4. Clinical study : Clinicopathological findings and surgical results of 140 Japanese patients (Shinshu group) and 1164 Chinese patients (Hebei group) with esophageal cancer were compared. The results suggest that esophageal cancers in Shinshu group have biological properties to metastasize to lymph nodes more frequently than those in Hebei group. Less