Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Aoyama Gakuin University (1994-1995)|
The University of Tokyo (1993)
NEGISHI Takashi AOYAMA GAKUIN UNIVERSITY,SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL POLITICS,ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS,PROFESSOR, 国際政治経済学部, 教授 (30012115)
MORIGUCHI Chikashi OSAKA UNIVERSITY,THE INSTITUTE OF SOCIALAND EOONOMIC RESEARCH, 社会経済研究所, 教授 (60027571)
NISIHIMURA Kazuo KYOTO UNIVERSITY,INSTITUTE OF EOONOMIC RESEARCH,PROFESSOR, 経済研究所, 教授 (60145654)
KURODA Masahiro KEIO UNIVERSITY,FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND COMMERCE, 商学部, 教授 (50051636)
AMANO Akihiro KWANSEI GAKUIN UNIVERSITY,SCHOOL OF POLICY STUDIES,PROFESSOR, 総合政策学部, 教授 (30029912)
FUJIWARA Masahiro UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO,FACULTY OF EOONOMICS,PROFESSOR, 経済学部, 教授 (40114988)
川又 邦雄 慶應義塾大学, 経済学部, 教授 (30051569)
佐和 隆光 京都大学, 経済研究所, 教授 (80012128)
鈴村 興太郎 一橋大学, 経済研究所, 教授 (00017550)
山崎 昭 一橋大学, 経済学部, 教授 (70143716)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1995
Completed (Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993: ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,000,000)
|Keywords||Global Environment / International Economic System / Joint Implementation Program / Bargaining Game / Free Riding / Environment Conserving Socio-Economic System / Environment Conserving Target / Estimation of Marginal Cost of Abatement / 制度の国際調整 / 制度の補完性 / 通商問題 / リサイクル / 非線形動学 / サスティナビリティ / 社会制度の補完性と比較制度分析 / 国際貿易制度の政治経済分析 / 地域経済統合と国際貿易制度 / 炭素ガス税 / 環境税 / 二酸化炭素排出規制 / 多部門日本経済モデルと地球環境|
We analyzed economic implications of global public goods such as global environments and international agreements on international fairness. Because of space limitation, we list only a part of our results.
1. In order to analyze the tradeoff between the aggregate welfare and individual rights, we constructed an analytical framework that incorporates society's assignment of rights. We also examined institutional designs in view of its implementability.
2. We conducted several empirical studies to examine the tradeoff between Environmental problems and economic growth for Japan, US and China, and analyzed its implications.
(1) We found the carbon gas elasticity of GNP is about 0.05, close to the international average, a transformation of socioeconomic system toward environment conservation is required, the vicious circle among poverty, population explosion and environmental destruction has become a major issue in global policy problem.
(2) We constructed an Input-Output table of the atmosphe
ric hazards for Japan and China combined, and examined Japan-China joint implementation of environmental policy (economic as well as technological supports to achieve carbon gas reduction). Such problems as environmental target has not been set, no conservation target has been agreed upon, difficulty of estimating marginal abatement costs, as well as the fact that industrialized nations and developing countries disagree about a fair way to share the burden, have been identified as major problems. Nonetheless, joint implementation has been confirmed as effective for accumulation of information and piece-meal improvement of environmental strategy.
(3) We analyzed how incentives for energy conserving investment will change by the expectation that global environmental policy will be determined by multi-lateral negotiation. We found that, compared with the case when countries expect there will be no such negotiation, there will be an incentive to reduce energy conserving effort in order to strategically place the country to be in a favorable negotiation position. Less