Case Study of Managerial and Administrative Conditions of School-based Teacher Training Supporting Professional Development of Teachers
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||NARUTO UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION |
SATAKE Katsutoshi NARUTO UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION,FACULTY OF EDUCATION,PROFESSOR, 学校教育学部, 教授 (30071674)
SHIBAYAMA Akiyoshi NARUTO UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION,FACULTY OF ED., RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, 学校教育学部, 助手 (10243742)
IWANAGA Sadamu NARUTO UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION,FACULTY OF ED., ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 学校教育学部, 助教授 (90160126)
SAKO Hidekazu NARUTO UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION,FACULTY OF ED., ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 学校教育学部, 助教授 (30153969)
TANAKA Yuji NARUTO UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION,FACULTY OF EDUCATION,PROFESSOR, 学校教育学部, 教授 (50020607)
NISHI Mutsuo NARUTO UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION,FACULTY OF EDUCATION,PROFESSOR, 学校教育学部, 教授 (10069768)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1994
Completed (Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1993: ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
|Keywords||School-based Training of Teachers / Professional Development / Case Study / Laboratory Class / Research Organization / Research Condition / Laboratory School / School Board / 校内研究 / 授業研究会|
1) We have practiced our plan on schedule on the whole for the last two years, as follows ;
(1) We have collected preceeding studies and materials of school-based training of teachers.
(2) We visited fifteen elementary and secondary schools, observed laboratory classes and study meetings of teachers, recorded them on a video tape, and interviewed the principals and teachers.
(3) We analyzed comprehensively teacher training practices in their school, many factors in their school, and the school board, or the community by many kinds of materials.
(4) We made a report on the results.
2) Main findings that we have gotten are given as under :
(1) Every school analyzed has their individual organizational climate, and practices teacher training with a certain method.
(2) Material conditions in school for in-service training are very poor. Therefore, teacher training tends to be standardized.
(3) Schools do not obtain enough preceeding studies and reporting style of results of teacher training is fixed.
(4) Administrative support is not adequate, but community support has much effect.
(5) The effect of school-based teacher training in professional development of teachers is not given good attention compared with students' development. The important reasons are that teachers do not have valid techniques nor enough time to evaluate teachers' professional development.
3) We have many subjects and data to be analyzed and should continue long-term research of them.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (3 results)