RECORDING OF ORAL MATERIALS AND CATALOGUING OF AUDIO AND VIDEO MATERIALS ON THE AINU LANGUAGE OF SOUTHERN HOKKAIDO
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Waseda University |
TAMURA Suzuko WASEDA UNIVERSITY,INSTITUTE OF LANGUAGE TEACHING,PROFESSOR, 語学教育研究所, 教授 (50063590)
OKUDA Osami SAPPORO GAKUIN UNIVERSITY LECTURER, 人文学部, 講師 (60224151)
KIKUCHI Tetsuo WASEDA UNIVERSITY,SCHOOL OF LITERATURE,PROFESSOR, 文学部, 教授 (00147943)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1994
Completed (Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993: ¥5,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,500,000)
|Keywords||The Ainu language / Hokkaido / Tape / Video / Oral (audio) materials / Video (visual) materials / Database / Text / 音声試料 / 映像試料|
1.Recordings : Audio and video recordings of ainu words'pronuncation, short sentences, monologues, conversations, oral folklore, as well as reenactments of past lifestyles in southem Hokkaido (35 DAT tapes and 53 Hi8 tapes).
2.The cataloguing and preservation of audio and video materials :
(1) Audio materials : (a) Reproduction onto DAT tapes (300 tapes).
(b) Inputting table of contents of the DAT tapes into database.
(c) Preparation of a draft catalog.
(2) Video (visual) materials : (a) Inputting table of contents of video tapes into database (of 150 tapes).
(b) Preparation of a draft catalog of the tapes.
3.Study of the materials of Ainu culture :
(1) Information exchange on the Ainu culture material and ways of cataloguing at the Abashiri Museum of Northem Peoples.
(2) Lecture and discussion at the Museum Forum, "Considering the Formation of the Ainu"at the Museum of Nothern Peoples.
4.The compilation and publication of audio materials :
(1) Texts : (a) Ongoing transcribing and inputting of oral materials.
(b) Preparation for publication of a number of texts, together with translations, notes and indexes.
(2) Indexes : Preparation of indexes for some YUKAR materials.
(3) Tapes : (a) Editing and publication of one volume of verse.
(b) Editing and publication of an educational audio material tape by improving the sound quality, correcting the mistakes and making up the lost sound of bad quality tapes.
5.Research by making use of the materials :
(1) Completing the paper on "the Conjunctionalizers in the Shizunai Dialect of Ainu"-to be published in March.
(2) The compilation of The Saru Ainu Dialect Dictionary as part of ongoing lexical research.
(3) The preparation of a model electronic dictionary.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (26 results)