|Budget Amount *help
¥10,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥10,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1993: ¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,500,000)
1.Recycle of empty tins as Light-Fill Materials
(1) The plastic unit within the empty tins was developed and the light-fill made by the plastic unit was constructed and traffic load was operated. As the results of traffic experiments, the light-fill made by the plastic unit within the 9 empty tins was clarified to be able to sustain D type traffic (12t wheel load).
(2) As the results of the proof erosion tests of empty tins exposed under the natural weather during 1 month to 9 years, It has been judged that the plastic units without any proof erosion can be used as the temporary light-fill load embankment within 5 years.
2. Recycle of coal ash, volcanic ash and EPS wastes as a constructing materials
(1) New tile mixed by coal ash, volcanic ash and clay was developed.
(2) New constructing material(hereafter, called EPS wastes ash)mixed by coal ash, EPS wastes, Portland cement and water was developed.
Laboratory investigation was carried out unconfined compression tests and penetration tests a
s like as CBR tests on the EPS wastes ash specimen with various conditions of mix proportion, and curing time.
From the results of laboratory testing of EPS waste ash, the mix proportion of compertibility (the mass ratio of cement to Fly ash (FA) , C/F>17%, the mass ratio of EPS wastes to FA<0.5%) and curing time (28 days) for the thin layr improvement material for soft clay ground were determined.
(3) The 1g small scale footing model tests for the soft clay ground improved thin layr with the EPS wastes ash regulated C/F=20% and EPS/F=0.5% was carried out. As the results of the footing model test, the bearing capacity, q_d of the improved soft ground is increasing with increase of the depth, D_f and width, B of thin layr of the EPS waste ash. The increase of bearing capacity to compare with unreinforced ground is 2.4 times at Df/D=0.044, and 3.0 times at Df/D=0.11 under the condition of the clay ground depth, D=50cm, the footing width, b=10cm and B=20cm.
(4) The model parameters of the elasto-visco/plastic FEM were determined with the comparison of both model tests and calculated results for the design guide of the soft clay ground improved thin layr with the EPS wastes by in-situ scale simulations. Less