Archaeological Research in the lower valley of the Changjiang River
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Sophia University (Jochi) |
HAKARI Hiromitsu Dept.of History, Sophia University, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (30053606)
ぜい 国耀 浙江省文物考古研究所, 良渚工作站, 副研究員
趙 輝 北京大学, 考古学系, 副教授
劉 軍 浙江省文物考古研究所, 副所長, 教授
巌 文明 北京大学, 考古学系, 教授
NISHITANI Masaru Dept.of Archaeology, National Museum of Japanese History, 考古研究部, 助手 (50218161)
KURABAYASHI Masato Josai International University, 人文学部, 講師 (90186495)
SAGAWA Masatoshi National Institute of the Cultural Properties, Nara, 発掘調査部, 主任研究官 (40170625)
NAKAMURA Shinichi Dept.of History, University of Kanazawa, 文学部, 助教授 (80237403)
KINOSHITA Naoko Dept.of History, University of Kumamoto, 文学部, 助教授 (70169910)
RUI Guoyao Archaeological Institute of Zhejiang Province
ZHAO Hui Dept.of Archaeology, Beijing University
LIU Jun Archaeological Institute of Zhejiang Province
YAN Wenming Dept.of Archaeology, Beijing University
厳 文明 北京大学, 考古学系, 教授
王 明達 浙江省文物考古研究所, 考古室, 研究員
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed (Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥21,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥21,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥5,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,300,000)
|Keywords||Liangzhe culture / Fuanqiao site / Songze burial / burial of the early Liangzhe culture / chronology of the Liangzhe / dwelling site of the Liangzhe culture / structure of mound / custom of an injury to the dead / jade-ware of the Liangzhe / 〓沢期墓 / 良渚住居址 / 良渚文化編年 / 普安橋遺跡 / 良渚期住居 / 墳丘墓 / 棺槨構造 / 良渚期墓葬 / 人工堆積層 / 小丘地 / 普安橋遺跡群 / 良渚期遺物|
The project is study on the Liangzhu culture. In 1994 we had carried out the general survey at the area of Jiaxing, Zhejiang Province, and investigated 38 sites there, belonged to the Liangzhu culture. Both in 1995-96, we excavated the Puanqiao-site at Tongxiang city, choosed among 38 sites. The achievements of the excavation are the following to :
(1) We measured a topographical map of 500 meters square around the Site. It's boundsareenclosed by the waterways.
(2) The Site is located on a low hill (less than two meters high) surrounded by paddy field. But this low hill is constructed artificially. We excavated 500m^2 wide of the Site. We made sure of scope of the artificial mound, its structure and how to build it. The scale of the mound is 50m from east to west and about 30m north to south.
(3) We recognized the five fondamentalstrata inside of the mound, which had been formed at five periodical stages during the Songze-to the Liangzhu-culture. All of the archaeological materials are confirmed from which layr come.
(4) Twenty-three burials and two house-sites excavated. Six burials of them are belonged to the late period of the Songze culture, and others come from the first half of the Liangzhu. Plan of both house-sites is very clear. Then Puanqiao is not a simply cemetry-site, but a kind of the complex site, together with burials and house-sites. We make sure that the mound was small at the beginning of the construction, but grew larger gradually.
(5) Of some burials the constructure of the outer (Chamber-like) and inner coffins are ascertained. Futher we foundout a kind of the funeral custom that the early Liangzhu peoples had : sometimes they had donean injury to the dead.
(6) Many piecies of burial-goods are there : jades ; stones ; earthen wares. A piece of jade-dragon might be rare.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (9 results)