Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Section||Special Cancer Research|
|Research Institution||Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute |
TOMINAGA Suketami Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 所長 (30124530)
FUJIYAMA Chihaya Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 医学部・公衆衛生学教室, 助手 (30274814)
IKEDA Noriaki Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surg. (II), Aichigakuin University, 歯学部・口腔外科学第2講座, 講師 (30150791)
SASAKI Ryuichiro Department of Public Health, Aichi Medical University, 公衆衛生学教室, 教授 (80131241)
ICHIHASHI Masamitsu Kobe University School of Medicine, 医学部・皮膚科学講座, 教授 (00030867)
SHIMIZU Hiroyuki Department of Public Health, Gifu University School of Medicine, 医学部・公衆衛生学教室, 教授 (90073139)
TAJIMA Kazuo Division of Epidemiology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 疫学部, 部長 (30150212)
YOSHIMURA Takesumi Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences University of Occupational and Envir, 産業生態科学研究所, 教授 (20037435)
OHNO Yoshiyuki Department of Preventive Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 医学部・予防医学教室, 教授 (10160590)
FUJIKI Hirota Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, 所長 (60124426)
HIROHASHI Setsuo National Cancer Center Research Institute, 副所長 (70129625)
YOSHIDA Mitsuaki Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 医科学研究所, 所長 (80012607)
YAMAMOTO Tadashi Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 制癌研究部, 教授 (40134621)
KUROKI Toshio Institute of Molecular Oncology, Showa University, 腫瘍分子生物学研究所, 所長 (90006073)
KITAGAWA Tomoyuki The Cancer Institute, 所長 (50085619)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed (Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥13,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥4,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥4,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥4,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,900,000)
|Keywords||Cancer / Stomach cancer / Esophageal cancer / Liver cancer / Skin cancer / China / South-East Asia / Central-South America / 大腸がん / EBウイルス / フランス / ギリシャ / 口腔がん / マレーシア / インドネシア / 肺がん / ホンコン|
This study group has been functionning as a planning and coordinating group of all the Special Cancer Research. The major activities of this study group is as follows :
1) To conduct pilot studies on cancer research in both developed and developing countries and to evaluate the feasibility and prospects of future studies on cancer. In fiscal years 1994-1996,5 pilot sutdies have been conducted ;
(1) Comparative epidemiology on stomach and esophageal cancers in China.
(2) Epidemiological study on nutrition and oral cancer in Malaysia.
(3) Study on risk factors of skin cancer in Indonesia.
(4) Epidemiological study on EB virus infection an stomach cancer in Hong Kong, Thailand and Malaysia.
(5) Epidemiological study on nutrition (especially, fat intake) and cancer in Mediterranean countries (Greece and France).
All of the 5 pilot studies were regarded as feasible and fruitful and (1) and (2) were graded up to regular planned studies. (3) is expected to be feasible and will be graded up to a planned regular study nexy year. (4) and (5) were regarded as feasible, but more information and preparations were needed to be graded up to regular planned studies. Thus, the two pilot studies will be continued in the next year.
2) To select and propose priority planned studies on cancer considering the results of pilot studies. In fiscal year 1994-1996,15 planned studies were were selected and proposed.
3) To hold meetings of chief investigators to review progress of each study and to discuss problems in conducting international collaborative studies.
The meeting was held once a year in the end of fiscal year (middle of March).
4) To hold a symposium to report major results of the selected topics once a year in conjunction with the meeting of chief investigators.
5) To distribute information on special cancer research through news letters to all related investigators. The news letter was published three times a year.