Few Nucleon System Study by Hign Energy Electron Scattering.
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Shizuoka University |
HOTTA Akio Shizuoka University, Professor, 教養部, 教授 (00022111)
MISKIMEN Rory University of Mass., Assistant Professor, 大学院・核物学理, 助教授
HICKS Ross University of Mass., Professor, 大学院・核物理学, 教授
PETERSON G.A マサチューセッツ大学, 大学院・核物理学, 教授
TAMAE Tadaaki Tohoku University, Assistant Professor, 理学部, 助教授 (10124174)
MATSUYAMA Akihiko Shizuoka University, Assistant Professor, 教養部, 助教授 (90190545)
PETERSON Gerry University of Mass., Professor
|Project Period (FY)
Completed (Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,100,000)
|Keywords||High energy electron scattering / High Momentum transfer / Few body system / Mesom exchange currents / Relativistic effects / Short range N-N interactions / Quarks and gluon with QCD / Nucleon resonance excitations|
Electron scattering from few body nuclei plays an important role in studying nuclear dynamics and structure since their wave functions are well understood. Increasing momentum transfers by high energy electron, the effects of mesom exchange currents (MEC) and DELTA-isobar, relativistic effects, quark-gluon degrees-of-freedom, have to be taken into account. We proposed the elastic magnetic measurements of ^3He (e, e') and the d (e, e'p) coincidence measurements at MIT-Bates Laboratory (1 GeV Electron facility) as International Science Research Program.
1. ^3He (e, e') project : The goal of this experiment is to measure the magnetic from factor of ^3He in the momentum transfer range Q^2=31^-54fm^<-2>. Since the cross sections as small as 10^<-40>cm^2/sr are anticipated, a good background rejection and a thick target are required. The system of a circulating gas ^3He target at 50 atom and 22 K was constructed at UMass and has been tested successfully in 1994. Special electronics for low ba
ckground has been accommodated. The commissioning run was performed in 1994, the experiment will be performed in late 1995.
2. d (e, e'p) project : The objective of this experiment is to investigate contributions of relativistic effects and meson exchange currents in the deuteron by means of a measurement of the d (e, e'p) coincidence cross sections (sigma_L+sigma_T, andsigma_<LT>)at low excitation energy (3 (E_<np>(12 MeV) and high momentum transfer (7.5 (q_<mu>^2(10 fm^<-2>). The liquid deuterium target cell was completed in Japan, the test with Basel Loop cooling system was done at MIT Bates successfully. The experiment using OOPS and OHIPS will be performed in late 1995.
3. Prof.Ross Hicks of UMass was invited to Japan (1995.1.15-1995.2.3.)
(1) Projects at MIT : We discussed about the ^3He (e, e') and d (e, e'p) at Shizuoka U.and Tohoku U.Concern ^<10>B electron scattering results, the discussion was took place at Osaka U.with Dr.T.Sato and Prof.Ohtsubo.
(2) The future projects at CEBAF,U.S.A.(4 GeV Continuous electron facility) : Seminars were took place about the Physics programs (UMass and Shizuoka U.) at Tokyo Univ. (INS), Tohoku Univ.Osaka Univ.RCNP Osaka Univ.and Shizuoka Univ. These talks were quite successful and gave a strong impact to Japanese nuclear physicist in excellent physics subjects with high energy continous electron. Less
Report (1 results)
Research Products (8 results)