Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Ehime University |
JODO Shuichiro Professor, Faculty of Agric. Ehime Univ., 農学部, 教授 (40036314)
EANGKOONCHORN Suphote Lecturer, Faculty of Agr.prod., Maejo Univ.Thailand, 農生産学部, 講師
THONGWITTAYA Narin Lecturer, Faculty of Agr.prod., Maejo Univ.Thailand, 農生産学部, 講師
KITROONGRUANG Niramit Lecturer, Faculty of Agr.prod., Maejo Univ.Thailand, 農生産学部, 講師
CHUAVIROJ Rachata Assist, Prof., Faculty of Agr.Prod., Maejo Univ.Thailand, 農生産学部, 助手
NOREE Prasit Assist, Prof., Faculty of Agr.Prod., Maejo Univ.Thailand, 農生産学部, 助手
JAYAMANGKALA Nipon Assoc.Prof., Faculty of Agr.Prod., Maejo Univ.Thailand, 農生産学部, 助教授
NAKAYASU Akira Assist.Prof., Faculty of Agric., Ehime Univ., 農学部, 助手 (20145064)
UEDA Hiroshi Assoc.Prof., Faculty of Agric., Ehime Univ., 農学部, 助教授 (30116884)
TAKASE Keiji Assoc.Prof., Faculty of Agric., Ehime Univ., 農学部, 助教授 (90133165)
SUGIMOTO Hideki Assoc.Prof., Faculty of Agric., Ehime Univ., 農学部, 助教授 (40112255)
KATO Masahiro Professor, Faculty of Agric, Ehime Univ., 農学部, 教授 (30036404)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1995
Completed (Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
|Keywords||Chiang Mai Province / Exccess Moisture Injury / High feeding Value / High Quality Vegetable / Irrigation Systems / leguminosae Forage / Marketing of Vegetable / Fruits / Protected Cultivation / Resistant Muskmelon / 人工ゼオライト / 潅漑 / 光合成 / 水資源 / 水利用効率|
To enhance the agicultural production in Chiang Mai province, Thailand, we carried out the following five subjects by the University-to-University Cooperative Research Project (International Scientific Research Program) through a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research.
Results of the project during 1994-1995 were as follows ;
1. For vegetable production in the rainy season of tropical country. high ridge and protected cultivation from rain are recommended to avoid excess soil moisture injury. However in the dry season, irrigation systems must be fully established to produce vegetables possessing high quality.
2. At around Chiang Mai province, intensive breeding program for disease resistant, insect resistant, heat tolerant and wet endurant is necessary to improve the vegetable.
3. Livestock in tropical area has a tendency to be thin, which is caused by low nutrient feeds. To increase livestock production, it requires good forages that having high feeding values. Exploitations of resources are most important theme to breed the new forage crops. Weeds or bushes belong to leguminosae might be useful for this purpose.
4. Demands of Thai people are changing to consume high quality products. To keep agricultural products fresh, packing is recommended. This treatment may change the marketing systems, selling and shopping.
5. Thai researchers visited Japanese farmers who grow high quality vegetables and it located in the most famous production area in Ehime prefecture. They learned how to control the greenhouse environment to produce fine tomato fruits "Momotarou". They also visited packing house in which fruits grading machines are automatically operated.
We sent and invited six researchers each between two universities. All of them exchnged academic views and cooperative field research successfully. The experience will improve their future research.