Longitudinal Study of Qualitative Changes in Learning and Attitides Towards Science and Mathematics in Elementary, Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary Levels
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||National Institute for Educational Research |
MATSUBARA Shizuo NIER,Res.Center for Sci.Ed., Chief, 科学教育研究センター, 室長 (50132692)
SHIMONO Hiroshi NIER,Res.Center for Sci.Ed., Chief, 科学教育研究センター, 室長 (30142631)
SENUMA Hanako NIER,Res.Center for Sci.Ed., Sr.Reschr., 科学教育研究センター, 主任研究官 (30165732)
NAGASAKI Eizo NIER,Res.Center for Sci.Ed., Chief, 科学教育研究センター, 室長 (50141982)
SARUTA Yuji NIER,Res.Center for Sci.Ed., Chief, 科学教育研究センター, 室長 (70178820)
MIYAKE Masao NIER,Res.Center for Sci.Ed., Chief, 科学教育研究センター, 室長 (50000071)
小島 繁男 淑徳大学, 社会学部, 教授 (30000037)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed (Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,500,000)
|Keywords||Science Education / Math Education / Attitudes towards Science / Achievement / Interent / Longitudinal Study / Changes per Year / Elementary and Secondary Schools / 数学教育 / 中・高等学校 / 高等学校|
The longitudinal research of science and mathematics achievements and attitudes towards science and mathematics has been progressing since 1989. The following analysis results of two cohorts -grade 5 through grade 10 and grade 8 through grade 12-, and comparative cohorts between new and last curricula were derived from data.
1. Some changes are seen in liking for science at differing school stages. Some influences are seen on the liking for science from facility of learning science then.
2. Frequency of experimental activities has influence on the perception of interest in science lessons, but not on liking for science.
3. Stability of knowledge on science is low, specially memory subjects from the data of the same science problems between different grades.
4. No big changes are shown in science and mathematics scores in grade 8 between 1989 and 1995 -last and new curricula-, but pretty big change is shown in science score in grade 5 between 1989 and 1996. Learned contents of students in 1996 are decreased as compared with in 1989.
5. No big changes are shown in attitude towards science and mathematics, and some changes are seen in perception of gender difference.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (25 results)