Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||FUKUI UNIVERSITY |
IDEHARA Toshitaka FUKUI UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR (DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED PHYSICS), 工学部, 教授 (80020197)
KAWAHATA Kazuo NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR FUSION SCIENCE,PROFESSOR, 教授 (60109353)
FUJITA Junji DAIDO TECHNICAL COLLEGE,PROFESSOR, 教授 (50023700)
OKAMOTO Tadashi TOSHIBA CORPORATION,SENIOR FELLOW, 技監
TATSUKAWA Toshiaki FUKUI UNIVERSITY,ASSOC.PROF.(DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED PHYSICS), 工学部, 助教授 (00020206)
OGAWA Isamu FUKUI UNIVERSITY,ASSOC.PROF.(CRYOGENIC LABORATORY), 工学部, 助教授 (90214014)
田中 茂利 福井工業高等専門学校, 校長 (20025240)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed (Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥14,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥14,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥7,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥3,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,800,000)
|Keywords||Gyrotron / Submillimeter wave / Terahertz / Plasma diagnostics / Submillimeter wave scattering measurement / Drift wave / ESR / Millimeter wave / プラズマ散乱計測 / 超伝導マグネット / CHS / 密度揺動 / サブミリ波光源 / 振幅変調 / 周波数変調 / ガウシャン・ビーム / プラズマ / 準光学的アンテナ|
In this project, we have developed frequency-tunable, medium power, submillimeter wave gyrotrons and applied them to submillimeter wave sacattering measurement of CHS plasma in National Institute for Fusion Science. Research results are summarized as follows,
1) Ultra-high frequency operation of gyrotron by the second and the third harmonics Using 12T and 17T superconducting magnets, we developed high frequency gyrotrons whose frequensies are close to 1 terahertz. We have achieved the highest frequency of 847 GHz. This frequency is the world record of high frequency operation of gyrotron.
2) cw operation of gyrotron
We have realized complete cw operation of the gyrotron and succeeded to achieve stabilities of amplitude and frequency of the gyrotron output, in order to apply the gyrotron to submillimeter wave spectroscopy as radiation source.
3) Amplitude and frequency modulations of the submillimeter wave gyrotron output We have achived amplitude and frequency modulations of the gyrotron output for its application to wider fields.
4) Studies on mode competition and mode cooperation between the fundamental and the second harmonic operations
5) Development of quasi-optical transmission system for submillimeter wave gyrotrons outputs
6) Development of a high sensitive detector in a millimeter wave range using a high T。 superconductor
7) Plasma scattering measurement using a submillimeter wave gyrotron as a radiation source
We have applied the submillimeter wave scattering measurement system using our gyrotron (GYROTRON FU II) as a radiation source for CHS in National Institute for fUsion Science and succeeded in measurement of drift wave excited spontaneously in the device.
8) Development of a high power, far-infrared laser and its application to plasma scattering measurement
9) Study on the millimeterr wave ESR using a gyrotron as a radiation source