Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||TOHOKU UNIVERSITY |
ESASHI Masayoshi Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20108468)
DE Rooij N.F ヌーシャテル大学, 微細加工研究所, 教授
SCHMIDT M.A Dept.of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT, 電気・電子計算機学科, 助教授
SENTURIA S.D Dept.of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT, 電気・電子計算機学科, 教授
ONO Takahito Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku Univ., 工学部, 助手 (90282095)
HAGA Yohichi Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku Univ., 工学部, 助手 (00282096)
KURABAYASHI Toru Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku Univ., 工学部, 講師 (90195537)
MINAMI Kazuyuki Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku Univ., 工学部, 講師 (00229759)
ROOIJ N.F.de Institute of Micro technology, Univ.of Neuchatel
李 榮泰 東北大学, 工学部, 助手 (90271874)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed (Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,900,000)
|Keywords||Resonator / Sensor / Resonant Sensor / Electrostatic excitation / Capacitive detection / Anglar rate sensor / Electrostatic servo / Self oscillation / Frequency stabilizing / 振動型センサ / 赤外線センサ|
In this study, the developement of novel micromachining processes and the fabrication of resonant sensors were done. Summary is as follows.
1. For making high sensitive micro resonator, the process for fabricating thin cantilever having an opposed electrode with a very narrow gap for SPM application was established. Thickness of the silicon cantilever and the gap between the cantilever and a glass substrate were less than 1mum. The novel drying method was developed for avoiding stiction by the surface tension force of liquid.
2. Vacuum packaging of micro resonator was studied for realizing high Q factor. Damping by gas molecules degrade the Q factor of the micro resonator. Vacuum packaging method using glass-silicon anodic bonding and non-evaporable getter was developed and applied to the sensor fabrication.
3. A silicon resonant angular rate sensor using electrostatic excitation and capacitive detection was developed. For this device, driving and detection circuit, self oscillation circuit, and detective resonant frequency stabilizing circuit for electrostatic servo were realized.
4. A silicon resonant angular rate sensor using electromagnetic excitation and capacitive detection was developed. Packaged sensor was work and had high Q factor. For the fabrication this sensor, a new type reactive ion etching system was developed.
5. Novel process for making thin and narrow silicon beam of resonators was developed. By this process using XeF_2 dry etching and thermal SiO_2, a silicon beam having 60mum square cross-section beam was realized.
6. Piezoelectric excitation method for large amplitude vibration was studied. Deposition method of piezoelectric thin film largely affected the piezoelectric properties. Deposition method should be investigated in future.