Intelligent Navigation of a Mobile Vehicle
Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Oita University |
SUGISAKA Masanori Oita University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (30040752)
FUJIMURA Sadao Tokyo University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (30010961)
NAKAMURA Masatoshi Saga University, Professor, 理工学部, 教授 (50038080)
HARA Masayoshi Oita University, Asistant, 工学部, 助手 (80253772)
李 桂張 韓国科学技術院, 副教授
LEE Ju-jang Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
|Project Period (FY)
Completed (Fiscal Year 1995)
|Keywords||mobile vehicle / intelligent control / CCD video camera / neural network / steering control / speed control / recognition / running tests|
We have developed the mobile vehicle hardware recently using the fund obtained from Kyudenko Cooperation, Fukuoka, Japan to our laboratory. The cost of the hardware is 7,000,000 yen. The mobile vehicle developed in our laboratory has one CCD video camera which is able to move in both right and left directions and up and down directions.The steering angle of front wheels and the speed of rear wheels can be controlled by controllers such as fuzzy controller and PID controller, etc.. The CCD camera which is located on the front of the body is able to get the image data the each 1/60 second.
In order to the data necessary for indoor and outdoor running, we have to develop the following techniques ;
(1) the software for extracting white or yellow lines, guard fences, etc.on the running floor or road,
(2) the softwaer for recognizing the objects in front of the mobile vehicle using artificial neural networks technique,
(3) the software for both controlling the steering angle of the front wheels and controlling the speed of the rear wheels,
(4) the software for the CCD video camera to be able to track an object when the mobile vehicle stopped,
(5) the software for other functions.
In our project, especially we have developed ;
(1) the software for extracting the yellowline,
(2) the software for both controlling the steering angle and controlling the speed using fuzzy controller.
Using the software developed above, we performed the running test of the mobile vehicle on the road along the yellow line in order to investigate the control performances.
Report (1 results)
Research Products (16 results)