Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tohoku Univ. |
OKUDA Reiichi Tohoku Univ., School of Dentistry Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (80005024)
IWAMATSU Yoko Tohoku Univ., Dental Hospital Assistant Professor, 歯学部附属病院, 助手 (50261524)
SHIMIZU Yoshinobu Tohoku Univ., School of Dentistry Associate Professor, 歯学部, 助教授 (20005078)
MOTEGI Katsutoshi Tohoku Univ., School of Dentistry Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (60013984)
WATANABE Makoto Tohoku Univ., School of Dentistry Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (80091768)
KAGAYAMA Manabu Tohoku Univ., School of Dentistry Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (60004610)
田上 篤 東北大学, 歯学部・付属病院, 助手 (00236374)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed (Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,400,000)
|Keywords||Artificial dental root / Titanium / Periodontal Ligament cells / Reconstruction of periodontal ligament / cementum / Epithelial rests of Malassez / 立体培養 / 歯根膜細胞構築 / マラッセの上皮遺残|
1) The fibroblasts derived from periodontal ligament suppressed the apparence of osteoclast-like cells when co-cultured with peripheral blood lymphocytes/monocytes unlike fibroblasts from gingiva and osteoblasts.
2) Growth and differentiation (ALPase activity) of the cloned fibroblasts in explant cultures of human periodontal ligament were studied. Their individual clones had various characterizations.
3) When the explants of human periodontal ligament were cultured by serum-free MCDB153 medium after attachment to the substrate, the epithelial cells that were immuno-positive for the anti-cytokeratin antibody were observed like as pave stone in morphology. Their growth and differentiation were different from those of human gingiva.
2.Extracellular matrices during the formation of periodontal ligament
1) There was a correlation between ALPase activity of fibroflasts and the morphology of cells, fibers and Hertwig's epithelial root sheath during the formation of periodontal li
2) Cementoblasts that were forming cementum showed positive reaction of anti-osteocalcin antibody as well as osteoblasts and odontoblasts.
3) The reaction of anti-glycosaminoglycans antibody was shown in the low calcified cellular cementum and it was changed by aging.
3.Functions of various cells in periodontal ligament
1) Fibroblasts in periodontal ligament showed ACPase activity and the positive reaction of anti-F4/80 and MOMA-2 antibody and they were changed by the occlusal function.
2) Morphological charateristics and distribution of epithelial rests of Malassez were elucidated by immunohistochemical methods in vivo. The epithelial cells were demonstrated the same distribution of cementoblasts and located near the area synthesized much quantities of cementum by vital staining method, and they would participate in cementogenesis and synthesizing cementum. Furthermore, in these epithelial cells, the incorporation of BrdU was not observed, but the reaction of bcl-2 protein considered as one of the suppressors of appoptosis was observed by immunohistochemical methods.
3) Cementocytes were suggested to participate in secondaly mineralization of cellular cementum and homeostasis of the width of periodontal ligament. Less