Developing multimedia softwares for cultivating speech communication skills
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||National Institute for Educational Research of Japan |
ARIMOTO Hidefumi National Institute for Educational Research (NIER), Department of Educational Content, Chief Researcher, 教科教育研究部, 室長 (40241228)
TODA Yoshiharu NIER,Dept.of Educatonal Content, Researcher, 教科教育研究部, 研究員 (50207586)
YOSHIDA Takashi NIER,Dept.of Educatonal Content, Chief Researcher, 教科教育研究部, 室長 (90158452)
KUDO Bunzou NIER,Dept.of Educatonal Content, Chief Researcher, 教科教育研究部, 室長 (30231096)
YOSHIOKA Ryouei NIER,Center for Educational Resources, Chief Researcher, 教育情報・資料センター, 室長 (40200951)
UENO Naoki NIER,Dept.of Teaching and Guidance, Chief Researcher, 教育指導研究部, 室長 (40124177)
小松 幸廣 国立教育研究所, 教育情報・資料センター, 室長 (50241229)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed (Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||personal computer / multimedia / speech communicatoin / speech / discussion / role playing / ロールプレイング / 教材開発 / 音声言語教育 / 話し合い / インタビュー / コミュニケーション|
We have developed four multimedia-softwares that can support developing students oral communication skills.
The aim of these softwares are ;
1. developing oral communication skills to speak students' own ideas
2. developing oral communicaton skills to activity participate into classroom discussion
The softwares includes ;
1. A speech of 6th grade girl
A girl speak about the dream of her future.
2. A speech of 3rd grade girl
A girl speak about interesting story of her mother.
3. A discussion of 4th grade classroom.
Students are arguing about a poem.
4. A interview of 5th grade boy.
A boy interviwed "Shinto (religion)" priest.
How to use these softwares.
1. Teacher instructs the aim of the software.
2. Some groups of five or six students are sitting around the Mac computers.
3. Students group selects one software.
4. Students watch a movie of speech or discussion or interview which are videotaped in classroom lesson on the computer display.
5. Instructor in the display asks students open ended question and ask them to discuss about it.
6. Students argue about the question and answer to the computer verbally or by using keyboard.
7. Students can replay any part of the software and think about the question.
8. Students can develop thinking and communicaton skills by answering questions and discussing with peers.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (8 results)