|Budget Amount *help
¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,300,000)
1. Generally speaking, it is said that in early modern times, temples or shrines' "kaicho" was mainly taken place on both sides of the Sumida River, such as Asakusa, Honjo, and Fukagawa. However, this is not necessarily true if studies more in detail by differentiating between "i-gaicho" and "de-gaicho".
2. In fact, i-gaichos were performed at Siba-Mita-Sinagawa and Asakusa-Okuramae-lmado more than 100 times, which account for about 31% of entire i-gaichos in Edo.
3. Next, the areas at which 60-80 i-gaichos were performed are 0tsuka-0towa, Honjo-Kameido, Meguro-Sendagaya, and lchigaya-Ushigome. The total i-gaichos at these areas are about 40% of all.
4. At Sumidagawa-Kasai-Mukoujima, Sitaya-Nihombashi-Kanda, Yushima-Hongo-Koi shikawa, Akasaka-Aoyama-Azabu, and Fukagawa, less than 50 i-gaichos, about 29%, were performed.
5. In short, the areas of i-gaichos in Edo can be categorized into these three groups according to what times they were put into practice.
6. The sects which got active in i-gaichos also carried out de-gaichos actively.