Examinations of High Economic Growth
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||TOYO EIWA UNIVERSITY |
MIYAZAKI Masayasu TOYO EIWA UNIVERSITY,Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor, 社会科学部, 教授 (70174167)
FURUTA Kazuko KEIO UNIVERSITY,Faculty of Economics Professor, 経済学部, 助教授 (20173536)
ARITA Fumiko TOYO EIWA UNIVERSITY,Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor, 社会科学部, 助教授 (20017669)
KIMURA Masato TOYO EIWA UNIVERSITY,Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor, 社会科学部, 教授 (50225059)
MASUDA Hiroshi TOYO EIWA UNIVERSITY,Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor, 社会科学部, 教授 (70136894)
NAKAMURA Takafusa TOYO EIWA UNIVERSITY,Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor, 社会科学部, 教授 (80012243)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed (Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,700,000)
|Keywords||High Economic Growth / Rearmament / The Self-Defense Forces / bureaucratic oversight / The policy toward China / Kishi Cabinet / New Special Procurements / Japanese-Chinese relations / 塚本哲也 / 鶴田卓彦 / 吉野俊彦 / 大日向一郎 / 槙枝元文 / 宮崎吉政 / 内田健三 / 公職追放 / 公職追放解除 / 鳩山内閣 / 55年体制 / 中共貿易 / 地域開発 / 1950年代|
In this research, various examinations of High Economic Growth are conducted.
(1) Rearmament : The influence of opposition between the Department of State and the Department : of Defense in the U.S.and the outbreak of Korean War on the Japan rearmament concept is investigated.
(2) The Self-Defense Forces : The way in which Japan's Self-Defense Forces were organized with bureaucratic oversight is analyzed.
(3) The policy toward China of the Kishi Cabinet : Two policies toward China of Kishi Cabinet were based on the ideas that the liberal camp secured Taiwan and that Taiwan was estranged from China. These ideas are investigated from different angles.
(4) New Special Procurements : The new special procurements were major factors of Japan's economic development in the 1950s. Each item of the special procurements and the trend of orders in each company are analyzed on the basis of the new documents.
(5) Japanese-Chinese Relations and Southeast Asia : The expectation that the Osaka business world would enlarge trade with China during the term of Kishi Cabinet and the influence of the disastrous China's Great Advance policy on Osaka financial combines are investigated.
(6) Persons concerned who knew the Kishi Cabinet were interviewed, and the interview tape was archived. The following persons were interviewed (organizations they belonged to then) :
(1)Tetsuya Tsukamoto(The Mainichi) (2)Takuhiko Tsuruta(The Nihon Keizai) (3)Toshihiko Yosino(The BanK of Japan) (4)Ichiro Oohinata (The Nihon Keizai) (5)Motofumi Makieda ( The Japan Teachers Union) (6)Yoshimasa Miyazaki(The Yomiuri) (7)Kenzou Uchida(The Kyodo)
Edited versions of these interviews are included in the report.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (9 results)