A Fundamental Study on Breaking Limit and Breaking Process of Multidirectional Random Wave.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nagoya University |
IWATA Koichiro Grad.School of Eng., Nagoya Univ.Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (10029150)
KAWASHIMA Naoto Electric Power Res.& Dev.Center, Chubu Electric Power Inc., Researcher, 研究員
TOMITA Takashi Port and Harbor Res.Inst., Min.of Trans., Chief Researcher, 水工部, 主任研究官 (20242836)
MIZUTANI Norimi Grad.School of Eng., Nagoya Univ., Associate Professor, 工学研究科, 助教授 (10209760)
IWATA Koichiro Grad.School of Eng., Nagoya Univ., Professor (10029150)
渡辺 増美 中部電力株式会社, 電力技術研究所, 主任研究員
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed (Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||Multidirectional Waves / Breaking Limit / Breaking Process / Submerged Breakwater / Breaking Wave Gauge / Breaking Wave Angle|
Breaking limit and breaking process due to the submerged breakwater, in the multidirectional random wave field, have been investigated mainly from laboratory experiments. The research results achieved are listed as follows :
(1) The breaking wave gage with 12 electrical capacitance-type sensing elements has been newly developed, for the first time in the world, in order to measure the breaking limit of multidirectional random wave. The breaking wave gage has been shown to be very powerful to measure the breaking inception and breaking wave.
(2) The relative breaking wave height, H_b/R (H_b ; breaking wave height, R ; submerged depth of crown) becomes smaller, in general, with increasing of the spreading parameter, S_<max>.
(3) The critical wave steepness, H_b/L_* (L_* ; wavelength in deepwater) is formulated as,
H_b/L_* = O.lO7tanh (K_*R)
Here, k_* is the wave number in deepwater.
(4) The scattering of the relative breaking wave height, H_6/R becomes larger, as the spreading parameter S_<max> increases.
(5) The breaking wave height at the side-ends of the submerged breakwater becomes, in general, larger than that on the central part of the breakwater, due to wave diffraction and reflection.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (15 results)