Interaction of fluoride and aluminium in gastrointestinal absorption
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||TOHOKU UNIVERSITY |
TAURA Katsuhiko Tohoku University Dental Hospital, Lecturer, 歯学部附属病院, 講師 (90005083)
KUSUMOTO Masako Tohoku University School of Dentistry, Assistant, 歯学部, 助手 (80186395)
KANEKO Emiko Graduated School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Assistant, 工学部, 助手 (00241539)
OZAWA Yuuki Tohoku University Dental Hospital, Lecturer, 歯学部附属病院, 講師 (90125518)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed (Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥200,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,500,000)
|Keywords||fluoride / aluminium / gastro-intestinal absorption / complex cpmpound / interaction / transferrin-bound aluminium / 錯体化合物|
1. We examined the interaction of Fluoride (F) and aluminium (Al) in the time course of gastrointestinal absorption of both elements in rats.
1) Eighteen rats, divided into 3 groups of 6, received orally either F (1mmol/kg as NaF), Al (1mmol/kg as AlCl_3) or F and Al (1mmol/kg each) after a 24h fast. The serum Al and serum F were determined at 30 min, 8 hrs and 24 hrs post administration.
2) The results indicated that F increased the gastro-intestinal absorption of Al and Al decreased the absorption of F.
2. We determined the possible effect of various F/Al ratios on the interaction of both elements in their absorption in rats.
1) We designed test solutions in consideration of mole fruction of. F complexes of Al ; AlFn^<3-n>(n=1-6). The ratios of F/Al of test solutions were 0.14, 0.61, 0.95 and 2.7. The main Al speciations were Al^<3+>, AlF^<2+>, AlF^<2+>, and AlF_3 , respectively.
2) Forty-two rats, divided into 7 groups of 6, received orally various doses of F and Al after a 24h fast The serum Al and serum F was determined at 30 min post administration.
3) The results indicated that serum Al significantly increased when the main Al speciation was AlF_3.
3.Estimation of transferrin-bound Al in rats.
1) We prepared an affinity column with anti-rat transferrin antiserum and lined it up with the HPLC Al-analyzer for the determination of transferrin-bound Al.
2)We determined transferrin-bound Al of serum samples from the experiments as in 2.2).
3)The results suggested that the ratio of transferrin-bound Al / transferrin-non-bound Al decreases when Al was absorbed with F.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (10 results)