The Development of an Early Educational Program for the Parents of Autistic Children and the Clinical Case Study
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tokai Women's College |
SHIRAHATA Tomio Tokai Women's College, Faculty Of Humanities, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (00162777)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed (Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥800,000)
|Keywords||autism / early intervention / Portage program / TEACCH / 早期教育プログラム / TEACCHプログラム / DSM-IV / ポ-テージプログラム / TEACHプログラム|
1. I compared DSM-III-R (The American Psychiatric Association 1987) with CARS (TEACCH, 1971)and ICD-lO (WHO,1990) , and found that DSM-llI-R is the best criterion for me.
2. I diagnosed a case child (T.S.) as a boy with strong autistic tendency.
3. I diagnosed another child (M.K.) as an autistic boy.
4. I compared Autism with Down's Syndrome, and found some common difficult problems.
(1) the time of a definite diagnosis
(2) weak imitation ability
(3) abnormal activities
5. I examined the process and results of case-child-counsel on the Portage Program and made clear important matters for early intervention of autistic children.
(1) discovery of available reinforcers
(2) structuring of time and place
(3) routine learning
(4) careful task analysis
(5) practical use of activity charts
Report (4 results)
Research Products (7 results)