A Study of the Screening of Gingivitis Using Casiostat
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Okayama University |
OKAZAKI Yoshihide Okayama University Dental Hospital, LECTURER, 歯学部・附属病院, 講師 (70169100)
HIGASHI Tomohiro Okayama University Dental School, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 歯学部, 助手 (50238268)
MATSUMURA Seishi Okayama University Dental School, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 歯学部, 助教授 (00173881)
SHIMONO Tsutomu Okayama University Dental School, PROFESSOR, 歯学部, 教授 (40028783)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||Cariostat / Salivaster / Gingivitis / Screening / 歯垢 / 不正咬合 / 口腔衛生指導 / 食生活 日常生活習慣|
In many cases, the periodontal disease among the school aged children occurs from bad oral hygiene and the main factor is also dental plaque as well as dental caries. Many studies have been done on the relationship between Cariostat and dental caries. However few study have been prformed on the relationship between Cariostat and periodontal disease.
The purpose of this study is to estimate the relationship between Cariositt and gingivitis. We examined the relationship among, caries activity test (CARIOSTAT^<<encircledR>>), salivary occuult blood test (SALIVASTER^<<encircledR>>), and gingivitis among 437 junior high school children.
1) Cariostat score after 24h incubation correlated to gingivitis significantly (p<0.001). When the gingivitis index divided to three groups (severe and moderate/slight/normal), the ditribution of Cariostat score among the three groups showed significant difference (chisqure test p>0.001).
2) Cariostat score after 48h incubation also correlated to gingivitis significantly (p<0.05 and p<0.001 respectively.). However the distribution of Cariostat score aamong three groups didn't show any difference.
3) Salivaster test score correlated to gingivitis (p<0.05). The distribution of salivaster score among the three groups didn't show any significant difference.
4) Cariostat score after 24h incubation didn't correlate to Salivaster test score.
5) Malocclusion correlated to gingivitis (p<0.001)
6) After one year of oral health instruction, 18,8% of the subjects who didn't heal the gingivitis had the malocclusion, on the other hands, only 1.2% of the subjects who healed the gingivitis has the malocclusion
The Cariostat score after 24h incubation correlate to gingivitis (p<0.001).
This study suggested Cariostat could reflect the oral hygiene status and correlated to gingivitis as well as dental caries.
Research Products (3results)