DATING OF QUATERNARY SEDIMENTS BY LUMINESCENCE TECHNIQUE
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||NARA UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION |
NAGATOMO Tsuneto NARA UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION,SCIENCE EDUCATION,PROFESSOR, 教育学部, 教授 (80031582)
TAKADA Masashi NARA WOMEN'S UNIVERSITY,DEPARTMENT OF SOCIO-GEOGRAPHICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDI, 文学部, 助教授 (60273827)
HIRAGA Shozo NARA UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION,SCIENCE EDUCATION,ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 教育学部, 助教授 (10031593)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed (Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||DATING / OSL / QUARTZ / FINE GRAIN / SEDIMENT / ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE / IHFRA RED / VISIBLE LIGHT / ルミネッセンス / 石英粒子 / 長石粒子|
In 1996 : The following OSL properties were examined using quartz and feldspar course grains and fine grain samples ;
(1) Optical nleaching ; OSL intensity is 25% of initial intensity after 3-min exposure to 6000Lx sun light for fine grain sample from the Lake Ogawara,
(2) Temperature dependence of OSL intensity ; OSL intensity is intense with temperature, but unstable at the temperature higher than 90ﾟC.
(3) Intensity of OSL stimulated by 514nm and 860nm lights ; smoky quarts emit OSL by 860nm besides 514nm lights,
(4) TL after OSL measurement ; TL intensity after OSL measurements is strong enough to be applied for dating.
In 1997 : The following supplementary tests were made :
(1) Unstable fraction of OSL which is bleached by 50ﾟC,24h storage is related to an electron center which gives TL at about 160ﾟC,
(2) Dose dependence of quartz OSL differs from that of TL at high temperature region,
(3) Dose dependence of OSL is not necessarily linear,
(4) OSLs by 514 nm and 860nm excitation did not give the same ages. Above results were obtained from the data for lake sediment (Lake Ogawara) and sediments from Paleolithic sites (Sodehara, Toyama, Harase-kasahari, Ustinovka ets.).
The OSL age obtained for Ustinovka site are 7300 year for the siteIII 3rd layr, 10050 year for the siteIII 4th layr and 18600 year for the site VI 4th layr.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (23 results)