KATANO Manabu School of Agriculture, Kyushu Tokai University, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (80125468)
TANAKA Takayuki School of Agriculture, Kyushu Tokai University, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (00155144)
KOMATSU Haruki School of Agriculture, Kyushu Tokai University, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (60148971)
YAMANAKA Mamoru School of Agriculture, Kyushu Tokai University, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (70140952)
MURATA Tatsurou School of Agriculture, Kyushu Tokai University, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (80140953)
村田 浩平 九州東海大学, 農学部, 助手 (90279381)
国武 久登 九州東海大学, 農学部, 講師 (80289628)
DOUNGSAーARD チャナロング メジョー大学, 農学部, 助教授
水谷 高幸 九州東海大学, 農学部, 講師 (40241187)
PRAPHANT OSA メジョー大学, 農学部, 助教授
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,400,000)
Research Project Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research Project entitled "Development of Eco-Farming System in the Northern Thailand" is the cooperative research project between School of Agriculture, Kyushu Tokai University and Faculty of Agricultural Production, Maejo University, Thailand. The project initiated at 1997 and terminated at 1999 in Japanese fiscal years. During these 3 years, from Kyushu Tokai University, total of 17 research scientists including various research field such as Agronomy, Pomology, Vegetables and Ornamental Crops Science, Plant Breeding, Entomology, Plant Pathology and Agricultural Economics were visited to Northern Thailand. From Maejo University, total of 15 research scientific staffs were invited to Kumamoto, Japan.
The major research results obtained from this project are summarized as followings :
1. Agronomy Field : Yield constraints in crop production in Thailand are mainly water supply, disease and insect damage. Analyses from many aspect
s are necessary to solve above problems as soon as possible. We visited several farmers' field and agricultural institutes to discuss the possibility of conducting sustainable agriculture and increasing crop production with agronomists 0f Maejo University. It was suggested that further investigation and research work are need in our near future.
2. Plant Breeding Field : We are collecting germplasm of Zoysia species from all over Japan and in some foreign country including Thailand, and used as genetic resources for breeding to develop an evergreen type. We had some hybrids between collected ecotype in Thailand, which has short dormancy and collected ecotype in Japan, which has cold resistance, and research the test cultivation of them.
3. Entomology Field : We exchanged views with the basic information how we can utilize of natural enemies under the sustainable agriculture to scientists of Maejo University. We investigated the fauna of natural enemies to rice insect pests, and spiders that population density is relatively high in paddy field. And in order to search for effective pollinators for horticultural crops, we made a survey of wild bee fauna in the Northern Thailand. As a result, a total of 10 species belonging to 6 genera of 4 families were collected.
4. Pomology Field : Tropical fruit production, the leading cultivars and the circulation of commercial products through local markets in the Northern Thailand were surveyed in this project. Particularly, citrus leading cultivars of tangoros and pummelos and mango dwarf lines were introduced to our university farm for producing new cultivars and establishing new agricultural techniques.
5. Vegetables and Ornamental Crops Science Field : The purpose of our project is to apply the knowledge which we got from the former project in Iriomote Island, Japan, as a model of the conservation of wild orchid. To conserve or replace the artificially propagated plants to the nature sometimes disturb the natural habitat. Isozyme analysis of wild orchids, Spathoglottis in Thailand showed the intra-specific variation, suggesting that we have to pay attention to the intra-specific variation.
6. Plant Pathology Field : In the mountainous areas of the northern Thailand, it has been promoting to produce some vegetables, ornamental crops and fruit trees for hill-tribes lived in those areas. We found out occurrences of some soil-born fungal and bacterial disease. To prevent these diseases without agricultural chemicals, we strongly suggested that the biological control agents, which isolated from soil or plant of those areas, should be utilized.
7. Agricultural Economics Field : In Thailand, farmers meet serious agricultural economic problems caused be wide fluctuation of price of agricultural products. I pointed out that researches have to conduct on the relationships between marketing systems and marketing information, to solve these agricultural economic problems. It is important that we practically analyze on the important role of marketing information for farmer. Less