Design and Synthesis of New Bioactive Substances directed to Drug Discovery
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Teikyo University |
IKEGAMI Shiro Teikyo University, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Professor, 薬学部, 教授 (10119555)
YAMADA Yoichi Teikyo University, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Research Associate, 薬学部, 助手 (50317723)
TAKAHASHI Hideyo Teikyo University, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Lecturer, 薬学部, 講師 (10266348)
OHTAKE Hiro Teikyo University, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Lecturer, 薬学部, 講師 (50256054)
AZUMAYA Isao Teikyo University, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Lecturer, 薬学部, 講師 (50276755)
宮崎 洋二 (宮嵜 洋二) 帝京大学, 薬学部, 助手 (70211597)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed (Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥5,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,600,000)
|Keywords||sugar ortho ester / reductive glycosylation / inositol / ring transformation / inositol phosphate / cyclophellitol / decarboxylative glycosylation / 9-cis-retinoic acid abalogue / 9-シス-レチノイン酸類縁体 / 有機鉛試薬 / エン-ジイン化合物|
Our works directed to finding bioactive substances which have been carried out for past three years (1997-1999) are summarized as follows.
1. Efficient and practical ring transformation of 6-eno-D-glycosides promoted by a catalytic amount of Palladium dichloride has been accomplished. The resulting cyclitols could be used for the synthesis of sugar-related bioactive compounds.
2. Cyclophellitol and its 3-epimer which exhibit highly potent glycosidase inhibition could be synthesized efficiently.
3. Novel synthesis of all diastereoisomers of Inositols and their phosphates such as IPィイD23ィエD2 and IPィイD24ィエD2 has been accomplished based on an application of the above transformation.
4. Extremely efficient synthetic method for the preparation of sugar-sugar ortho esters has been found and their structures have been established by X-ray chrystallographic analysis and by MM2 computer calculation technique. Their selective reductions provided a new highly stereoselective glycosidation method.
5. Application of the sugar ortho ester formation has made it possible in a short cut synthesis of voglibose, a potent glycosidase inhibitor.
6. New decarboxylative glycosidation using sugar-sugar mixed carbonates has been extensively studied. Details of the reaction mochanism have also been examined
7. Explitation of new synthetic technoloogy using chiral polymers has been also studies with starting design and synthesis of new type of polymers
Report (4 results)
Research Products (46 results)