A Study on Driving Behavior of The Elderly at The Complicated Traffic Scene
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Osaka University |
MORI Yasuo The Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Professor, 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (60230083)
IIDA Katsuhiro The Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Research Associate, 大学院・工学研究科, 助手 (70222809)
KIMURA Kazuhiro Faculty of Engineering and Resource Science, Akita University, Associate Profess, 工学資源学部, 助教授 (60177912)
SHIMIZU Koshiro Faculty of Engineering and Resource Science, Akita University, Professor, 工学資源学部, 教授 (30006655)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed (Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
|Keywords||Elderly Drivers / Complicated Traffic Condition / Merging Section / Tunnels / Driving Behavior / Indoor Experiment / Driving Simulator|
In this study, we concern driver behavior of the complicated traffic scene. The major point of this study are as following :
(1) The analysis of driving behavior of at merging section From the observational study result, the driving characteristic of the elderly at merging section was investigated. And the analysis in the following was carried out to show the future traffic planning and ideal way of the road improvement from the point of comparison with the case of non-old people.
1) Grasp and classification of merging behavior of the elderly based on the confluence characteristics.
2) Grasp of the preference characteristics for the confluence of the elderly driver based on the superscription analytical result.
(2) The analysis of the judgment ability of the elderly using computer graphics
The analysis of the judgment ability of the elderly driver using the image computer graphics. Concretely, in order to evaluate of the legibility of the route guidance mark, the examination on relation bet
ween character size and interpretation distance, relation between the number of strokes in a Chinese character and interpretation distance, the effect of running speed of automobile for the interpretation distance were carried out. And interpretation time was measured for name of place judgment and direction judgment.
(3) The construction of Indoor experiment system using the driving simulator.
(4) Traffic environment evaluation at the tunnel approach.
The driving simulator, which applied the virtual reality technology, was constructed for the purpose of that it enables the experiment in not existing highway section. We examine the accuracy of the reproducibility and reliability of developed driving simulator. As the result on the velocity lowering in speed and accelerator usage and fixation point at the tunnel approach, the reproducibility was confirmed. And as a result of analyzing the relationship between tunnel entrance shape and driving behavior, it was showed effective to conduct the gradation paint to the entrance. Less
Report (3 results)
Research Products (17 results)