|Budget Amount *help
¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
1. Lurlenic acid, the female-produced pheromone of the green flagellate Chlamydomonas allensworthii, and its analogues were synthesized. Structural requirements for the expression of the pheromone activity are the sugar-part, the phenol part and the unsaturated side-chain with a polar group at its end.
2. Bark beetle pheromones such as endo-isobrevicomin, exo-isobrevicomin, bicolorin, frontalin etc. were synthesized.
3. Stegobiol and stegobinone, the drugstore beetle pheromone, were synthesized.
4. Stigmolone, the pheromone to induce the fruiting body formation of a myxobacterium Stigmatella aurantiaca, was synthesized. The natural pheromone is a racemate.
5. The racemate of the male-produced sex pheromone of the sandfly Lutzomyia longipalpis, (*)-3-methyl-alpha-himachalene and (*)-9-methylgermacrene-B, were synthesized to establish the gross structures of the pheromone components.
6. The enantiomers of 2-sec-butyl-4, 5-dihydrothiazole and (lR, 5S, 7R)-3, 4-dehydro-exo-brevicomin, the pheromone components of the house mouse Mus musculus, were synthesized.