Studies of Floral Antitumor Medicines in Yunnan Province
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Section||Special Cancer Research|
|Research Institution||Teikyo University |
NISHIMURA Toshio School of Seience and Engineering Teikyo university, professor, 理工学部, 教授 (10013327)
SAKUDA Shohei Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, The University of Tokyo, Associate professor, 大学院農学生命科学研究所, 助教授 (80192087)
TSURUO Takashi Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University Tokyo, professor, 分子細胞生物学研究所, 教授 (00012667)
NAGAI Kazuo Department of Bioengineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, professor, 生命理工学部, 教授 (00011974)
崔 承彬 北京生物医薬研究所, 教授
姚 新生 瀋陽薬科大学, 教授
CUI Cheng-bin Beijin, Institute of Biochemical Research, professor
YAO Xin-sheng Department of Phytochemistry Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, professor
|Project Period (FY)
Completed (Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥6,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,900,000)
|Keywords||Antitumor activity / cytotoxity / Yunnan Provience / RRM activity / Antioxdative activity / cell cycle inhibition / kojou / emdin / 雲南植物圏|
1) On the basis of 1998 project on the studies of the floral antitumor medicine in Yunnan Province, 112 herbal plant samples were collected from the province area of Yunnan, Liaoning and Xinjang weiwuer zizhigu.
The aqueous and alcoholic extracts were tested inhibitory activity against mouse leukemia P388/ADM and human leukemia K562/ADM cells, together with BRM. antioxidative and cell cycle inhibitory activity.
2) Extracts of Polygonum cuspidatum Sieb. et Zucc. showed a marked antitumor activity in vitro against mouse leukemia P388/ADM. The active principles were isolated in pure form which were identified as physion and emodin.
3) Water extracts of Carthamus tinctrious stimulated blastogenesis of mouse spleen cells. Two active compounds (SF1 and SF2) were isolated in pure form by alcohol precipitation and gel filtration methods. Mouse peritoneal exudates cells (PEC) was markedly induced IL-1, IL-6 and TNF by SF1.
4) Extracts of Wikstroemia indica C. A. Mer showed inhibitory activity against cell cycle of mouse cdc2 mutant cell line tsFT210 cell which was isolated from mouse mammary carcinoma FM3A. The purification and chemical structure analysis of active principles are under the progress.
5) Extracts of Canarium bengalensis Roxb showed antioxidative activity in TBA method used the rabbit erythrocyte membrane ghost. The active principle was isolated in pure form which was identified as 1, 4-dihydroxybenzen.
6) Extracts of Plectra thus excisus Maxium inhibited free fatty acid (FFA) release from rat adiposities treated with epinephrine. The active principles was identified as renifermin A and kamebakaurin.
Report (2 results)
Research Products (24 results)