Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
History of thought
|Research Institution||The University of Tokyo |
SUGIHASHI Yoichi The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Professor, 大学院・総合文化研究科, 教授 (50015278)
CHOKI Seiji The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Assistant Professor, 大学院・総合文化研究科, 助教授 (50292842)
KAWANAGO Yoshikatsu The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Professor, 大学院・総合文化研究科, 教授 (60145274)
ISHIMITSU Yasuo The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Professor, 大学院・総合文化研究科, 教授 (60093366)
ICHIJO Mamiko The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Assistant Professor, 大学院・総合文化研究科, 助教授 (30213987)
TANAKA Jun The University of Tokyo, Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies, Assistant Professor, 大学院・情報学環, 助教授 (10251331)
中村 健之介 東京大学, 大学院・総合文化研究科, 教授 (10000613)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥12,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥12,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥7,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,300,000)
|Keywords||media / art / information / communication / Gesamtkunstwerk / publishing / photography / image / 表象 / インタラクティヴィティー / マルチ・メディア / 通信 / 説話 / 舞台芸術 / 検閲 / タイプライター / 楽譜|
As for this research, the following results were gained about the various aspects of the media strategy of arts.
1. The actual condition in which literature and theology contributed to the formation of the society layers and the value communities in the historical development from the medieval times to the modern times was investigated positively.
2. The new information transmission technique of the multi-media art into which the various art of the different genre are synthesized around the physical expression were analyzed historically based on the examples of the 〓〓era and the ballet work.
3. The interaction between the slang revolution in literature, the capitalistic system of publishing, and the information circulation system by other media was analyzed by comparing the cases of the process in which civil societies of modern Germany and Japan were formed.
4. The new semantics of music and architecture which came into existence by the change such as increase in the function and abstraction of the form was made clear through the analysis of modern music after Schonberg and modern architecture after Adolf Loos.
5. The structure of the modern image was examined through the discourse analysis of the photograph as modern media invented in the 19th century, and the paradigm of the media strategy of the photograph was analyzed.
6. After McLuhan, there are many media theories such as that of Kittler and the mediologie of Debray. We examined critically these theories and searched for their theoretical possibilities through the analysis of the artistic practice such as modern dancing and music.
7. The possibility of the new art form which artists' or the media technology's own interactivity has became clear through the analysis of the various present creative activity in the field of the media art.