Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Petrology/Mineralogy/Science of ore deposit
|Research Institution||HOKKAIDO UNIVERSITY |
FUJINO Kiyoshi Grad. School of Sci., Hokkaido Univ. Pro., 大学院・理学研究科, 教授 (40116968)
OHTANI Eiji Grad. School of Sci., Tohoku Univ., Pro., 大学院・理学研究科, 教授 (60136306)
IRIFUNE Tetsuo Fac. Of Sci., Ehime Univ., Pro., 理学部, 教授 (80193704)
AKAOGI Masaki Fac. Of Sci., Gakushuin Univ., Pro., 理学部, 教授 (30126560)
YAMANAKA Takamitsu Grad. Of Sci., Osaka Univ., Pro., 大学院・理学研究科, 教授 (30011729)
TAKAHASHI Eiichi Fac. Of Sci., Tokyo Insti. Of Tec., Pro., 理学部, 教授 (40144779)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥5,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥5,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,300,000)
|Keywords||perovskite / high-pressure mineral / phase transition / rheological property high-pressure / TEM observation / experiments / In situ X-ray observation / Computer simulation|
Phase relations, structures and physical properties, phase transformations and rheological properties of important Earth and planetary materials under high-pressure and high-temperature were clarified in these 2 years from 1998 to 2000. In each year, a meeting was held to present and discuss the results of the above subjects, and communicate with each other. The clarified results are as follows;
1) In the garnet-perovskite transformation, Al in silicate perovskite increases with pressure and temperature, and a new high-pressure aluminous silicate phase was found (Fujino).
2) The crystal structure of a new hexagonal phase in MgAl2O4-CaAl2O4 was determined (Fujino).
3) Natural silicate ilmenite and perovskite were discovered in a shocked meteorite, and their formation mechanism was clarified (Fujino).
4) A new high-pressure phase was found and its stability field was determined in MgAl2O4-CaAl2O4 (Akaogi).
5) The phase boundary between spinel and perovskite+periclase in Mg2SiO4 was determined by the high-pressure and high-temperature in situ X-ray observation (Irifune).
6) In the high-pressure experiments of the basalt and peridotite compositions up to 27 GPa, K changed to a compatible element under the transition-zone and lower mantle conditions (Takahashi).
7) Kinetics of the alpha-beta transition and the decomposition of the gamma phase in Mg2SiO4 were clarified by the in situ X-ray observations and electron diffraction studies (Ohtani).
8) The crystal structure of alpha-CaSi2O5 synthesized at 1500 C, 10 GPa was determined, and 5-coordinated Si was found (Kudoh).
9) Crystal structures and physical properties of Mg2SiO4 polymorphs could be reproduced in high precision by the molecular dynamics simulation (Matsui).
10) A time-resolved new system to analyze phase transitions was developed using a diamond anvil cell with a heater (Yamanaka).
11) A basic equation to describe the composition of a growing solid solution crystal could be derived (Kitamura).