TERASHIMA Masaaki Osaka Prefecture Univ., Chem.Eng., Associate Prof., 大学院・工学研究科, 助教授 (30172092)
SHIGETA Takeshiro Osaka Prefecture Univ., Chem.Eng., Instructor, 大学院・工学研究科, 助手 (20316011)
|Budget Amount *help
¥12,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥12,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥7,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,300,000)
Production of various organic substances from fish bone, fish head, fish meat and fish entrails by sub-critical water hydrolysis was studied. Optimal reaction was determined for each product. Adsorption equilibrium and mass transfer of organic acid in ion exchange resins (DIAION WA30 and highly porous chitosan resin) were also studied. The following significant results were obtained from the research on conversion of waste fish meat, entrails, and bones.
(1) From 100 ton fish bone, 0.64 ton of phosphoric acid, 0.44 ton of lactic acid was extracted by 5 min reaction at 473 K.Then, 25 ton of bone, 1.7 ton of pyroglutamic acid, 0.8 ton of alanine, 0.8 ton of glycine, 0.5 ton of cystine, and 1.8 ton of oil were obtained by sub-critical water hydrolysis at 543 K for 20 min. From 100 ton of fish head, 1.5 ton of bone, 0.23 ton of pyroglutamic acid, 0.07 ton of phosphoric acid, 4.9 ton of oil, and 0.2 ton of fat were obtained.
(2) Oil contained valuable and expensive unsaturated fatty acids such as DHA and EPA.
(3) Since optimal reaction temperature depends on the type of products, an integrated process which produce different product successively at different reaction temperature can be established.
(4) Adsorption isotherm of lactic acid for DIAION WA30 ion exchanger and that for chitosan bead were well explained by Langmuir equation.
(5) Intra-particle diffusion of lactic acid was explained parallel transport by solid-phase and macropore diffusion. Since adsorption rate of the chitosan bead was much larger than that of the DIAION WA30, the chitosan bead was favorable for separation of organic acids.