Studies of Earthworm Protease for Application of the Catalytic Function
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Okayama Prefectural University |
NAKAJIMA Nobuyoshi Okayama Prefectural Univ., Dept.of Nutritional Science Assistant Professor, 保健福祉学部, 専任講師 (10198070)
NAKAMURA Kaoru Kyoto Univ., Institute for Chemical Research Associate Professor, 化学研究所, 助教授 (10101239)
ISHIHARA Kohji Kyoto Univ.of Education, Dept.of Chemistry Instructor, 教育学部, 助手 (50273537)
SUGIMOTO Manabu Okayama Univ., Research Institute for Bioresources Instructor, 資源生物科学研究所, 助手 (20216336)
HAMADA Hiroki Okayama Univ. of Science, Dept.of Applied Science Professor, 理学部, 教授 (10164914)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed (Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,700,000)
|Keywords||Earthworm / Fibrinolytic enzyme / Protease / Fibrinolysis / Autolysis / Stability / Gene expression / Nucleotide sequence / Serine protease / fibrirolytic enzyme / Earthworm / Gene cloning / DNA sequence / Lumbricus rubellus / autolysate / Fibrirolytic enzyme / gene cloning / Sequence|
Earthworm serine proteases were investigated for application of the catalytic function and the many useful results were obtained as bellows.
1. Purification and characterization of the proteases.
2. Chemical modification of the protease as a therapeutic enzyme.
3. Construction of an immobilized enzyme bio-reactor.
4. Analysis and utilization of the earthworm autolysate
5. Gene cloning and expression of the proteases.
6. Investigation of structure, function, and stability of the proteases.
7. Investigation of DNA and amino acid sequences of the proteases.
8. Large-scale production of the recombinant protease from Yeast cells.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (27 results)