Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||NIIGATA UNIVERSITY |
IWAKU Masaaki NIIGATA UNIVERSITY, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Professor, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 教授 (70013927)
FUKUSHIMA Masayoshi NIIGATA UNIVERSITY, University Dental Hospital, Associate Professor, 歯学部・付属病院, 助教授 (30156773)
OKAMOTO Akira NIIGATA UNIVERSITY, University Dental Hospital, Lecturer, 歯学部・付属病院, 講師 (10143786)
KOHICHI Kota NIIGATA UNIVERSITY, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Associate Professor, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 助教授 (90018755)
KODAMA Linlin NIIGATA UNIVERSITY, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, As sistant, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 助手 (10272824)
YOSHIBA Kunihiko NIIGATA UNIVERSITY, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Assistant, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 助手 (30220718)
鮎川 幸雄 新潟大学, 歯学部, 助手 (00183145)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥27,260,000 (Direct Cost: ¥26,000,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,260,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥5,460,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,200,000、Indirect Cost: ¥1,260,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥17,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥17,000,000)
|Keywords||Dental caries / Clinical cariology / Risk factor / Fluoride-reteasingmaterials / Biofilm / Laser / Dentin / Pulp complex / Antigen presenting cells / う蝕 / 修復材料 / う蝕予防 / う蝕細菌 / ウ蝕予防 / ウ蝕細菌|
The aim of this study was to establish the clinical cariology for systematic management of dental caries.
The main results were as follows:
1. Pathology and diagnosis of caries process
(1) A Laser apparatus was proved to be useful for diagnostic method for caries.
(2) Localizational changes of antigen presenting cells after caries treatment were evaluated immunohistochemically. The results showed that they remained for a long time after treatment.
2. Caries as an infectious disease
(1) Genetic diversity was revealed in Pseudoramibacter alactolyticus that is frequently identified in carious dentin.
(2) To elucidate the structure and the function of bacterial biofilms, artificial biofilms were made in vitro. This model is useful for elucidating bacterial functions in biofilms, and also for estimating the bactericidal efficacy of antibacterial drugs in biofilms.
3. Caries treatment
(1) Application of Er:YAG laser for caries removal and cavity preparation was evaluated by morphological changes in the tooth hard tissue and pulpal responses.
(2) To elucidate the mechanisms of repair and regeneration of dentin/pulp complex after direct pulp capping and in the pulp of transplanted tooth were immunohistochemically observed. The results suggested the involvement of noncollagenous proteins in hard tissue formation.
(3) Efficiency of propylene glycol was revealed as vehicles for intracanal medicaments in the intractable root canal treatment.
4. Prevention of reinfection (secondary caries) after treatment
Fluoride-releasing materials for their acid resistance were evaluated. The results indicated the important enhancement of tooth structure acid resistance by fluoridate materials, suggesting their clinical usefulness.
5. Patient education, periodic recall examination and risk assessment Bacteriological evaluation of a new oral brush for dependent elderly revealed its effectiveness for removal of bacterial plaque and usefulness for clinical use.