RATIONALIZATION AND IMPROVING EFFICIENCY OF DENTAL CLINICAL EDUCATION USING SIMULATION SYSTEMS
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||NIIGATA UNIVERSITY |
IWAKU Masaaki Graduate School of Medical and Dental, NIIGATA UNIVERSITY, Sciences, Professor, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 教授 (70013927)
KONO Atsushi Tsurumi University, School of Dental Medicine, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (00064345)
TAGAMI junnji Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Professor, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 教授 (50171567)
NISHIKAWA Hirofumi Meikai University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (90049388)
KOTA Kohichi NIIGATA UNIVERSITY, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Associate Professor, 大学院・医歯学総合研究科, 助教授 (90018755)
SHINTANI Hideaki Hiroshima University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (80034239)
加藤 煕 北海道大学, 大学院・歯学研究科, 教授 (60001020)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥37,470,000 (Direct Cost: ¥34,800,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,670,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥11,570,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,900,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,670,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥8,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥17,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥17,300,000)
|Keywords||Dental simulation education / Virtual cavity preparation / 3D computer graphics / Artificial teeth for endodontic training / Automatic assessment of operator s position / Automatic assessment of cavity preparation / Operator's Position / Computer aided training manual / 歯科シミュレーション教育 / 疑似窩洞形成システム / 歯内治療実習用顎模型型 / 診療姿勢自動評価 / 窩洞形成 / コンピューターグラフィックス / 根管側枝付人工根管模型歯 / 歯周外科手術シミュレーション / 診療姿勢 / 教育効果|
Recently, the progress of dental science is so remarkable and clinical technics have become increasingly advanced and complicated. However, effective instruction of these clinical technics among students in a time-constrained schedule is very difficult to achieve. Because of this, there is a need to develop a rational training system based on simulated clinical procedures.
In this study, we attempted to develop devices, models and aids for dental practice, and to introduce computers into dental education for assessment and simulation.
1. Computer aided training manuals were created in restorative dentistry and periodontics fields, and their effectiveness were evaluated.
2. Visual and kinetic aids using three dimensional computer graphics for periodontal education were improved.
3. A virtual cavity preparation system was improved.
4. Artificial jaws and teeth models for dental simulation practice were produced and refined.
5. Automatic assessments of prepared cavities were tried using computer graphics.
6. Operator's position was analyzed for introduction of dental simulation systems.
7. Problems of dental simulation systems were discussed.
8. Automatic assessment system of operator's position for feedback to the trainees was created, and it's effectiveness was evaluated.
Since the dental simulation system was developed only recently, and it relates to all dental procedures, new problems were noted during the conduct of this three-year study. It has been found that continuous study to develop more efficient devices and teaching methods is exceedingly necessary.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (18 results)