Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Waseda University |
TAMURA Suzuko Waseda University, Institute of Language Teaching, Professor, 語学教育研究所, 教授 (50063590)
KIRIKAE Hideo Hokkaigakuen University, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (20205040)
MURASAKI Kyoko Yokohama National University, Faculty of Education and Human Science, Professor, 教育人間科学部, 教授 (10014515)
SHIRAI Katsuhiko School of Science and engineering, Professor, 理工学部, 教授 (10063702)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
|Keywords||Ainu Dialects of Southern Hokkaido / Ainu Dialects of Eastern Hokkaido / Ainu language Sakhalin Dialect / Ainu Language, Saru, Mukawa, Chitose Dialects / Ainu Language, Tokachi Honbetsu Dialect / Recordings of Ainu Audio Materials (Video, DAT) / Phonetic Research and Description of Ainu / Experimental Analysis of Ainu / アイヌ語音声の収録(ビデオ、DAT) / アイヌ語沙流方言 / アイヌ語千歳方言 / アイヌ語鵡川方言 / アイヌ語音声収録(DAT、ビデ / 樺太アイヌ語 / アイヌ語音声収録(DAT、ビデオ) / アイヌ語音声資料整備 / アイヌ語資料のCD-ROM公開 / アイヌ神謡|
1. Recording and videotaping of the Ainu language Southern and Eastern Hokkaido Dialects
Speakers of the Saru, Mukawa and Chitose Dialects of the southern regions and speakers of Tokachi Honbetsu Dialect of the eastern regions were interviewed and audio and videotape recordings were made of words, phrases, conversations, soliloquy and folk tales.
2. Preparation (Digitalization and Cataloguing) of Ainu language Audio Materials
(1) previously and newly recorded materials were transcribed in a readable text format and 7 volumes with audio materials (including CD' s) were published.
(2) Audio materials were input into database format and recorded on CD-ROM.
(3) Materials recorded during this research period were catalogued. (see report)
3. Phonetic Research (with cooperation of Dr. V. Makarova and other scholars : see report)
1) Aural investigation and documentation : (1) Recordings of southern region, lower Saru and eastern region speakers were transcribed in detail and pronunciation was phoneti
cally transcribed. (2) The Katakana transcription method was improved and at the same time, descriptions easily understood by the general reader were added. (3) Portions of the mythical chants were analyzed for melody and intonation, and an attempt was made to transcribe the melody and intonation patterns.
2) Experimental Phonetic Analysis : Using recorded data of dialects from several locations, the sound values of vowels, the appearance of glottal stops, variation in intonation depending on the speaker (or region), the intonation of interrogative sentences, differences in the Sakhalin Dialect in the sounds 're- ' and 'te- ', and other points were investigated by experimental phonetic method and methods of notation were devised and transcriptions and diagrams were made. (described in report)
4. Additional : Contributions to Education
Advice regarding teaching and learning of pronunciation that is difficult for speakers of Japanese was selected and presented in a lecture to Ainu Language educators. Less