Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kobe University |
TAKADA Shiro Kobe Univ., Faculty of Eng., Professor, 工学部, 教授 (40027280)
SATO Tadanobu Kyoto Univ., DPRI, Professor, 防災研究所, 教授 (00027294)
KITAURA Masaru Kanazawa Univ., Faculty of Eng., Professor, 工学部, 教授 (70026269)
TOKI Kenzo Kyoto Univ., Graduate School of Eng., Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (10027229)
SUGITO Masata Gifu Univ., Faculty of Eng., Professor, 工学部, 教授 (60115863)
森川 英典 神戸大学, 工学部, 助教授 (70220043)
芥川 真一 神戸大学, 工学部, 助教授 (70231850)
宮田 隆夫 神戸大学, 理学部, 教授 (00107989)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥14,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥14,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥7,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,800,000)
|Keywords||Active Fault / Geological Features of Deep Ground / Pipeline / Bridge System / Tunnel / Strong Ground Motion / Surface Fault Displ. / Countermeasures for Fault / パイブライン / 地中レーダ探査 / 伏在活断層 / 震度分布の即時推定 / 断層 / 潜在活断層 / 断層モデル / 地震動 / 地下構造物 / トンネル|
(1) Analysis of structural damage in the vicinity of faults : Damage of houses, pipelines and tunnels due to fault movement was investigated during past earthquakes. The effects of surface fault movement are greater than that by ground motions.
(2) Prediction of strong ground motion by the rupture of active fault : Ground motion intensity majp is created for active faults with high possibility of the rupture based on recent strong ground motion records.
(3) Features of time history of ground motions : Non-stationary spectra and phase spectra are analyzed for the recorded time histories of ground motions and ; interpolated ground motions are obtained : Moreover, an impulsive ground motion is simulated by FEM.
(4) Observation of ground motion in the vicinity of fault : 4 seismometers have been set in the vicinity of faults in Kobe area. A lower level of motions was recorded and analyzed.
(5) Geo-rader survey : Geo-rader survey was performed to investigate the relation between con-sealed faults and bent surface deformation due to fault rupture.
(6) Estimation of surface ground deformation by an elastic dislocation model : A mathematical formulation was developed to obtain surface ground deformation due to fault rupture and applied to cases in Kobe and Chi-Chi Earthquakes.
(7) Proposal for countermeasures : Design method and several countermeasures were proposed for residential houses, pipelines, bridge and tunnels in the vicinity of faults.