Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY |
KAI Satoshi Kyushu Univ., Faculty of Agriculture, Prof, 大学院・農学研究院, 教授 (70038313)
KIDACHI Manao Chuo Univ., Faculty of Commerce. Prof., 商学部, 教授 (10224982)
NAKAHARA Junichi Rakunou Gaken Univ, Faculty of Environment Systems, Prof., 環境システム学部, 教授 (60048121)
SASAKI Ichio Obihiro Univ. of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Dept. of Agri. Econ., Prof., 畜産学部, 教授 (70125384)
NIIYAMA Youko Kyoto Univ., Faculty of Agriculture, Prof., 大学院・農学研究科, 教授 (10172610)
ISHIDA Masaaki Mie Univ., Faculty of Bioresources, Prof., 生物資源学部, 教授 (80144228)
四方 康行 麻布大学, 獣医学部, 助教授 (20178859)
早川 治 日本大学, 生物資源科学部, 助教授 (00096885)
中嶋 康博 東京大学, 大学院・農学生命科学研究科, 助教授 (50202213)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2001
Completed (Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,700,000)
|Keywords||Food System / HACCP / Ensuring Food Safety / Hygiene Control / Quality Assurance System / Labeling Certification / Safety Competition / Information Asymmetry / 食品の安全性 / 衛生 / 品質保証 / キャトル・ケア / トレーサビリティ|
These days, many food safety issues have occurred all over the world. These are resulting from BSE (bovine spongiform encephalophathy) and foot-and-mouth disease in the Europe, mainly in United Kingdom, pig pest in Germany, Denmark and Holland, foot-and-mouth disease of pork in Taiwan and South Korea, cock's influenza in Hong Kong and 0157 and foot-and-mouth disease and BSE in Japan. Introduction of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) and ensuring food safety and hygiene control are important theme in each country's food system. And also, examination of GMO (genetically modified organism) safety and labeling of organic foods with certification are consumer's important interest at the moment. This study was planed both to analyze and make clear the overseas trend related to problem of ensuring food safety.
This study's achievements are summarized as follows.
(1) Obtaining both of information and an academic conference's movement directly from study member's connection in ma
ny country's of world, about cause of threatening agricultural products and food safety and introduction of HACCP as the counterplan of it, we conducted economic analysis of food safety in the world' food safety system.
(2) We have opened new area of the food system study with our confidence that in the near future the world food system will be facing food safety competition from cost competition.
(3) We concluded theoretically and empirically that constructing the trade theory taking into account of ensuring food safety and hygiene control, are necessary for solving the international trade problem, while tariff tax have been lowered gradually so that import of agricultural products have been expanding.
(4) We recommended that our food system should implement HACCP into whole marketing stage, including such as agricultural production stage, processing stage, wholesale stage and retail stage, and should also improvement level of ensuring food safety, food hygiene control and quality assurance system, leaning from overseas experience.
(5) We suggested importance of studying deeply in our country's agricultural economics society, consulting from the study trend of other society, especially in Europe, United States and Oceania Less